No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran Expects Juan Manuel Marquez Will Fight On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex_Hayden View Post
    True, but Marquez has tasted defeat and some pretty difficult times since the move up to lightweight and on. I think he knows his limits.

Plus he doesn't seem like the guy that will fight unless he knows he has a chance to keep winning. Most people are proud to a fault, but he's proud with the same intelligence he has in the ring. I don't think he's capable of being unrealistic with himself to the point he'd take a ridiculous fight by lying to himself. He seems too smart for that.
    It's gonna be hard to say no. And it's not like he's above it, calling out FMJ was a cashout move. And he's always felt slighted at the negotiating table, esp vs Manny. He'd get to call the shots next time, which he's probably dreamt about for years.

Comment

JMM is a different kind of boxer and you should compare him only to Hopkins. They just know how to box and have pure boxing skills. their game involves real boxing skills so that's why they can still compete against these young guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
        I could see him making another run at Mayweather. Haye was beaten badly by Klitschko like Juan was against Floyd, but don't mean they wouldn't give better performances given an opportunity at a rematch. */shrug* That's all Haye's been calling for is a rematch since he was beaten several months ago. If JMM prepared for FMJ like he did against Manny or even more so than why wouldn't he have a shot at a win?
        Because Mayweather is bigger, and better in every department.

Comment

Stop crying b1tch......

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
          MANNY was destroying JMM's face before the KO(lucky punch but also another clash of their feet made MANNY lost is balance in that moment);anyway a ko victory is a ko victory but MANNY gave him many chances of redemption so in my opinion JMM has to give him a chance to redemption too!!!Watching JMM's carrer NORWOOD,JOHN and FLOYD beat him boxing him,i mean if you come to kill him ,probably you will lose;if you boxe him you can beat him;I hope this fact will not work with MANNY because MANNY will come to kill him another time for another great fight for the history of this sport,something that FLOYD has never done-NO HISTORIC FIGHT FOR JUNIOR INDEED,he has a record but he hasn't a picture of a war in boxing history!!!
          Hey kid, before you wet yourself.....

Marquez is ranked higher P4P than Pacquiao.

Pac is only ranked 7th, behind Donaire, Broner, and Martinez.

And Marquez is ranked higher at welterweight than Pacquiao.

Pac is only ranked 4th, behind Guerrero.

I will say again..... BEHIND GUERRERO !!

When Manny wakes up, tell him to man up and stop ducking Guerrero.

LMAO, Guerrero, a man who Mayweather would not even consider, is ranked higher than Plankiao

Comment

He should have retire while he's on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
              Man pac fans want a rematch so bad vs a Marquez that is old and worn. Marquez has been in more wars then Manny and hes at the age of 40 and can still compete with the guy. Marquez is that dude. Manny need to go and knock out Bradley and forget about another rematch with Marquez because I highly doubt it will happen anyway.
              Agreed, Manny needs to prove that he can beat Bradley.

And the winner gets to fight Guerrero, the #3 welter in the world

Manny has never fought a welter ranked that high.

Comment

Nobody has ever KO'd Marquez, and Manny hasnt KO'd anyone in years.

Pac got in 1.5 good rounds after being dropped in the 3rd..... so what ?

Marquez would have adjusted then schooled him, just like in the other fights.

Comment

if marquez is smart, he will continue fighting until he can't fight no more, pacquiao-marquez 5 is the biggest seller right now and there is no way marquez turns his back to that much money when his stock just sky rocketed

Comment

Feeding pidgeons in the park is not an appealing future, but it beats getting knocked around into old age. Marquez could take a few easy fights for hobby money, but I've seen this scheme go bad too. It's a hard decision to retire after a big win, but on the other hand, Manny is ready to retire also. They are both getting old in the sport and this win may not be as significant as it seems. The ko and revenge over an old Manny by an even older Marquez would make a great closing act for Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      Feeding pidgeons in the park is not an appealing future, but it beats getting knocked around into old age. Marquez could take a few easy fights for hobby money, but I've seen this scheme go bad too. It's a hard decision to retire after a big win, but on the other hand, Manny is ready to retire also. They are both getting old in the sport and this win may not be as significant as it seems. The ko and revenge over an old Manny by an even older Marquez would make a great closing act for Marquez.
                      Nope, Pacquiao just extended his contract with Top Rank until 2014.

Comment

Working...
                      X