No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Advises Pacquiao: Your Legacy is Secured, Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avnikuka View Post
    Pacquiao should come back. The fact of the matter is, this is boxing. One mistake and a fight is over. Look at Lennix Lewis, he got knocked out by Hasim Rahman. He successfully came back. To be quite honest with you, I thought, despite the knock down, and the knockout. Pacquiao looked sensational. I thought, right up until the knockout, that was the best Manny Pacquiao in several years.

That's just my honest opinion. The shot he got hit with, would have K.O'd anyone. He should come back just to see if his chin, and heart are still in the game. Not a lot of people could have beat the Pacquiao from saturday, Marquez deserves all the credit in the world, but let's not s h i t all over pacquiao too much. Some of you guys are hating so hard on him it's sad. I mean, how many highly entertaining fights did Pac give us this decade? I was never unhappy with a pay per view purchase when he was on it. With the exception of Pacquiao Marquez 3.
    I totally agree with your post. The other posters really don't know what they're talking about, they don't understand boxers being modern day gladiators. it';s a business, and as long as there's enough money to be made a boxer will box....unless there is something else in his plans.

Pacquiao had plans to box until at least the middle of 2014, because he signed an extension to his contract util about that time. My assumption-and it can only be a assumption- is that he is making sure of the security of his children and descendants for several generations, enough to make a perpetual security if properly run. He also wants secure funding for a run for hovernor, and later for President.

So, he realises that it was a lucky punch, although he gives Marquez full credit. He knows well that he was beating Marquez up, and probably expected to stop him within another couple of rounds at most. But, in boxing, the unexpected sometimes happens, and it did.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      pac will not retire on a KO loss
      I agree. He'll want to come back and fight after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        maybe manny can go back to 140 if he can still make the weight. lot of good matchups there.
        I wouldn't mind it actually, especially if he keeps fighting at WW vs fighters who are not even WW's. Yet, I think him and the #3 WW The Ghost should fight (at WW).
        Last edited by WESS; 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Starting to scrape the barrel , best retire if thats the case .
          No question. No question about it. If he's reduced to fighting the likes of the Malignaggi's of the world -- he should absolutely call it a career and move on. Nothing to gain from a fight like that.

Comment

When Facts Can No Longer Be Ignored......

Hatton's words obviously have the ring of truth to them, and many times "truth" hurts too much to look at squarely. Sometimes we have to put a cushion between it and ourselves, sometimes we have to lie to ourselves so completely that we endanger our very lives. Ricky Hatton, like any top fighter at the end wanted desperately to believe he had something left, even when all objective evidence showed him that all he was doing was crippling what's left of his life.

Seldom do great fighters leave with their gloves uplifted and with full pride. More often than not a fighter's wallet takes as much of a beating as the fighter himself. And so the fighter ends up fighting on beyond retirement age, getting beat up, and hoping to recapture some of that former glory. (And all the while his promoter, the devil on his shoulder is trying to milk him for that last buck.)

For Hatton and Pacquiao their situations are very different than Floyd Mayweather's. Though Mayweather takes great pride in his Country, his Country seems ambivalent about him. Whereas Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton were and are enthroned as gods by their countrymen. For a fighter to let go of the love of a nation, the fame and fortune of prize fighting must be a shock to the system. But all things end both small and great. The more I watch Manny's knockout the more ashamed I feel for being thrilled about it. There's nothing thrilling about a man almost getting killed. There's nothing amazing about a man fooling himself into thinking he's still in his prime and that he can still compete with the best, at the expense of his health. Nah, there ain't a damn thing exciting about that.

Manny should think long and hard about his future plans. Manny will always make money, but in the end he has only one life to risk and not millions.
            Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-11-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
              who is hatton to give anyone any advice ! if manny listens to this recovering coke head something is wrong ! manny doesnt have to retire and i doubt for one second he is even thinking about it ! manny lost to someone that enhanced his strenth at the age of 40 ! not to a better boxer ! because without that ko punch manny was thoughrouly dominating marquez like never before !
              Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
              pacquiao won't retire, everybody knows how heavy it feels to comeback from a knock out defeat, it's the worst mental torture. just ask hatton and dela hoya. pacquiao himself said if he retires, there is no going back. he'll hang up his gloves probably next year after ending his career with a win and not a loss
              I agree, Plankiao should not retire, I wanna see him get stretched again.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                I totally agree with your post. The other posters really don't know what they're talking about, they don't understand boxers being modern day gladiators. it';s a business, and as long as there's enough money to be made a boxer will box....unless there is something else in his plans.

Pacquiao had plans to box until at least the middle of 2014, because he signed an extension to his contract util about that time. My assumption-and it can only be a assumption- is that he is making sure of the security of his children and descendants for several generations, enough to make a perpetual security if properly run. He also wants secure funding for a run for hovernor, and later for President.

So, he realises that it was a lucky punch, although he gives Marquez full credit. He knows well that he was beating Marquez up, and probably expected to stop him within another couple of rounds at most. But, in boxing, the unexpected sometimes happens, and it did.
                Ignorant old fool edgargler.

Comment

Farewell fight in the Philippines to go out on a win would be good for his fans.

Comment

Marquez is Pacquiao's DADDY.....

Plankiao is done, Marquez absolutely destroyed him.

Marquez is Pacquiao's DADDY.....

Quite lucky really, because Mayweather would have literally killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
                      I agree, Plankiao should not retire, I wanna see him get stretched again.

he might get stetched again but not by marquez ..he seems to be planning to run away into the sunset with 1 win over pacquaio, thats his only dream and was part lucky he got it...

Comment

Working...
                      X