No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
    gbp is still trying to convince floyd the guerrero fight isn't as lucrative as the canelo fight. seems they're following a script or something to make it look like floyd is not ducking canelo.

Bro you are sick..

Comment

• I like Canelo and every time I watch him he seems very level headed and strikes me as a thinking fighter. I really don't know that he is ready for Floyd but I also don't think Floyd can KO him. Who knows. If Floyd wanted to fight a young lion then Canelo is the youngest and most dangerous one- it would certainly make a statement for Floyd to beat him. And obviously that goes the other way too x1,000.

I'm not mad if Canelo doesn't fight Trout, I wouldn't. I wouldn't do the Cotto fight either at this point though. I don't see why he wouldn't maybe consider fighting Robert Guerrero? I know he'd have to move up but I bet he'd be willing to do it. That would also be pretty big on Cinco de Mayo- right?

I hated to see Cotto lose on Saturday. He should make a catch-weight 150 lbs. fight next time out. He's in an awkward spot with his age and size.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Canelo says Mayweather wants to return on a date in February,
        ...must be that MayMoney is running low on $, must fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          You must first understand how boxers like Floyd are paid. Floyd basically gets a couple million every few months, like an allowance, so he can't spend up all his money like you think. Floyd also has investments in real estate and also is a angel investor. Floyd's house is paid off. He doesn't need endorsements, Floyd can always sell a Maybach or phantom or two to raise funds (he just sold his SOTA Studio) as a matter of fact a lot of those fancy cars Floyd has are leases, Floyd's not as dumb with money as you think he is, and he also wins the majority of his bets.
          lol floyds an idiot with a ******** addiction and you sound like you're on his dink big time. I hope you don't believe that fairy tale. pun intended..

Comment

• Canelo isn't ready, Manny will get manhandled, Guerrero makes no sense..Quite honestly i'm tired of hearing and reading this nonsense..who do mayweather fans want him to fight? Because quite frankly all I hear is nonstop about who he shouldn't fight...so can we please change the damned tune already..

Comment

• Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              Bro you are sick..
              i'll be happy to be proven wrong. guerrero vs mayweather is a total mismatch. go and rewatch the aydin/guerrero fight and try to imagine floyd/guerrero.

canelo is the more interesting option. i'll pay for this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                i'll be happy to be proven wrong. guerrero vs mayweather is a total mismatch. go and rewatch the aydin/guerrero fight and try to imagine floyd/guerrero.

canelo is the more interesting option. i'll pay for this fight.

I concur with the theory that Guerrero v. Mayweather is an easier fight for Floyd than many seem to think.

I think if Floyd fights Canelo, it will be September or later.
                Canelo will need another big money fight before Gbp risks him against Floyd. There is more than enough time to throw a true junior middle at him to build up a Mayweather fight. Don't be surprised if it is still Cotto or Ortiz. The rationale being the majority of casual boxing fans still believe triangle theories.

Comment

• Guerrero
                  Canelo
                  Bradley

I'm fine with any of the 3.

Comment

• I really don't think golden boy or anyone for that matter thinks Alvarez is ready for Floyd. I can see Floyd announcing Guerrero soon, The Ghost calling him out wasn't by accident( see Juan Marquez). Floyd may fight Canelo, but it won't be til 2014 may.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                      Are you just using Floyds name to make an excuse for fighting Cotto in May?cause what you just said made 0 sense..If Floyd was fighting in February the fight would have been announced by now and since when does Floyd fight in February?
                      You seriously need to take a deep breath and stop instigating. If Floyd wants to fight in February, then he fights in February. It's that simple. Schaefer already spoke with Floyd and began negotiations, so that's how they know.

Kinda sucks if it's not Canelo because I sure as hell am not paying for him to coast an easy UD12 against Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X