No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Guerrero Make a Case For "Fighter of The Year"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think so.

I think it's between Donaire[unfortunately, with his high quantity of average fighters excluding Mathebula], Broner and if Marquez beats Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Donaire will be FOTY after he decimates and retires Travieso.
      Yeah it's Donaire unquestionably, I forgot about him too. He's been far more busier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        Rather than hate on it at least bring up another names, who else qualifies?
        Even if he does qualify, it doesn't change the fact that it's a press release full of BS.

They even use betting odds to big up the win over Berto, but then when they want to pretend he was the underdog against Aydin they ignore the betting odds, because of course the betting odds had him as a huge favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Even if he does qualify, it doesn't change the fact that it's a press release full of BS.

They even use betting odds to big up the win over Berto, but then when they want to pretend he was the underdog against Aydin they ignore the betting odds, because of course the betting odds had him as a huge favourite.
          What would you expect of a press release from a boxers team though, it is probably a less reliable source of info than a used car salesman trying to sell you on a car.

Comment

No not really.

Both his wins are decent. And Donaire has twice as many of those in the same time period

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Yeah it's Donaire unquestionably, I forgot about him too. He's been far more busier.
              i have a feeling donaire will win too.

Comment

Is this thread serious??

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
                  Agreed.

It isn't just the victories or even the opponents, but the method of victory is critical too.

To start with, Aydin is not exactly a big name, despite their claims to the contrary. He's not beaten anybody of note, and he didn't exactly acquit himself well against Guerrero, hiding behind his guard the majority of the fight.

Berto was coming off a 14 month layoff. Then Guerrero basically wins this fight with illegal tactics, the help of the ref who had no interest in stamping out said tactics, and home town judges just to shore it up. Guerrero looked determined and strong, but little else, as he just put his head down and mauled Berto with it and worked hard without really doing much rounds 4-11. He ate too many uppercuts, and really it was only his conditioning that saw him through.
                  Very good post. Aydin hadn't fought anyone, they are trying to portray him as some kind of killer

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    Good win at the weekend, but the ridiculous number of self-serving press releases this guy and his team put out are really annoying.

Comparing Guerrero to Armstrong in the opening sentence of an article is a pretty terrible way to begin. They also compare him to Duran. RG jumped 2 divisions to face Aydin, Duran jumped 2 divisions to face Ray Leonard.

Past history has shown that beating Berto doesn't mean you're an elite-level fighter. Berto is nowhere near as good as HBO wanted/wants him to be, surely that's obvious by now? I really hope he doesn't get the shot at Floyd because that isn't a good fight.
                    Great, great post. I love the Ghost, but this is spot on.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I would say Donaire as long as he beats Arce like he should, if Donaire loses it would completely blow the race open then it could be Guerrero.
                    Definitely Nonito. Without a doubt. But, as you've stated, if he somehow was upset by Arce, the race would be wide open.

Comment

I think the ghost needed one more win against a top 10 opponent and it might of been close, but Donaire has this locked followed by Mares then Guerrero

Comment

Working...
                      X