No announcement yet.

Mayweather to Pick Opponent Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has to be Canelo or Guerrero.

If he picks Cotto then who would Canelo fight on May 5?

It looks like a mini tournament will take place next year:

Mayweather vs. RG

Cotto vs. Canelo

Winners fight each other.

If Cotto loses to Trout than it will be Canelo vs. Mayweather in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Yeah Guerrero sucks ass, that's why you got his pic as your avatar.
      Because I'm supposed to support every overmatched opponent he decideds to fight when he's going broke? Sorry I'm a Mayweather fan but I'm not going to gargle his balls like the rest of these Fanatics. If he doesnt fight Martinez , Pacquiao or Canelo he should just stay retired and gamble his money away like he's been doing

Comment

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
        picking a foe right before the Pacquiao fight LOL yea we didnt see that one comin...what a ******
        Bumping this shiietz for big Dumm!! talking about Floyd doesn't do stuff like that hahahah!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          history and not facts? thought so. what date in april is he fighting?

it generally extends to fighters who call them self the greatest of all time, then refuse to fight the best of our time, infact the best in his own division. but yeah, i wont be buying pacquiaos fight if that what you want to know.
          of course if you are define the floyd /manny situation floyd refusing to fight the best rather than as both refusing to fight each other thats part of the problem.

i dont know when the april fight is but why would TR do anything different than they have done the last few years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
            Bumping this shiietz for big Dumm!! talking about Floyd doesn't do stuff like that hahahah!!!
            when did I ever say that? don't lie its not cool. I've said repeatedl;y floyd's next announcement will probably be December 7th or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Because I'm supposed to support every overmatched opponent he decideds to fight when he's going broke? Sorry I'm a Mayweather fan but I'm not going to gargle his balls like the rest of these Fanatics. If he doesnt fight Martinez , Pacquiao or Canelo he should just stay retired and gamble his money away like he's been doing
              Hope he wins majority of the time I really do cause I hate to hear another famous boxer's riches to rags story.

Comment

• That sentance in itself annoys me!

'Mayweather picks opponent' gone right off him, boxing doesnt need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  of course if you are define the floyd /manny situation floyd refusing to fight the best rather than as both refusing to fight each other thats part of the problem.

i dont know when the april fight is but why would TR do anything different than they have done the last few years?
                  well its my opinion that floyd doesnt want the fight, hence the million excuses. hence the reason he wants 100% of the PPV! get real! he can take 55% of the PPV, pick all the irrelevant stuff like ring size, gloves and coming to the ring second. but apparently pac is just desperate now? yeah he is desperate to get that guy in the fcuking ring. if that kind of offer isnt good enough for floyd and you continue to defend him then its very sad.

you are just talking crap with regards to an april fight to suit your agenda. the fact is that there has been no announcement of any such fight being signed and sealed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                    I think all this Guerrero talk is like the Matt Hatton and Spadafora talk a while back
                    People get disappointed then he announces a much better opponent and people are happy
                    Hopefully anyway
                    I'm waiting to see if the Roger comments about meeting with Arum have some truth in them
                    This could be the case too.

Remember this same reporter issued a release that Mayweather vs. Guerrero was "signed and sealed" for May 5, 2012 back in January. Then a week later it was announced that he would fight Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      This could be the case too.

Remember this same reporter issued a release that Mayweather vs. Guerrero was "signed and sealed" for May 5, 2012 back in January. Then a week later it was announced that he would fight Cotto.
                      I don't think so.

Back then, there was no news of Mayweather having any interest at all in Guererro.

This isn't the case at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X