No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has 'interest' in Robert Guerrero as next foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Mayweather has shown no interest in fighting him tho...Why should Martinez do anything when Floyd shows no interest...There is no reason for Martinez to miss out on money at 160lb if Floyd won't get into a serious discussion about a fight with Martinez...Hell has he ever(Floyd)even express any desire to fight Martinez??
    Well, he also talks a lot about Cotto and Alvarez. So the three fighters he wants to fight are one division below him, a weight class he claims he can make and be effective still, yet he never moves down and proves it? If he wants to fight these guys, staying at middleweight and doing nothing doesn't exactly prove he's serious about anything other than getting a check against these guys. Again, he talks a lot about wanting to move down yet he never actually does it.

I'd love to see Mayweather-Martinez. But with every fight where Martinez does nothing to pressure Mayweather into it, I question him more.

Comment

• What money at 160, 154 is and has been the hotter class and he already got the JCC Jr. money. Even if he misses out on Floyd there is Canelo and Cotto.

I could just as easily say Sergio has no intention of fighting Floyd and just wants the benefit of using his name, which is smart because people eat that stuff up.

Comment

Mayweather has shown no interest in fighting him tho...Why should Martinez do anything when Floyd shows no interest...There is no reason for Martinez to miss out on money at 160lb if Floyd won't get into a serious discussion about a fight with Martinez...Hell has he ever(Floyd)even express any desire to fight Martinez??
        He has expressed interest a few times.

He stated in the post fight press conference after the Mosley fight that Martinez is a fight he's thought about.

He's also said a few times that's it's a possible fight

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He has expressed interest a few times.

He stated in the post fight press conference after the Mosley fight that Martinez is a fight he's thought about.

He's also said a few times that's it's a possible fight
          I believe that it is possible at 154 also...Maravilla is one of those guys that could come down to that weight limit before the fight and be comfortable come fight time...

I don't buy that Floyd would go forward with a Guerrero fight...If so, it should not be a PPV card...That is not a big enough headliner to get that much out of the fans. If Floyd wants the PPV money, then fight Canelo or Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
            I believe that it is possible at 154 also...Maravilla is one of those guys that could come down to that weight limit before the fight and be comfortable come fight time...

I don't buy that Floyd would go forward with a Guerrero fight...If so, it should not be a PPV card...That is not a big enough headliner to get that much out of the fans. If Floyd wants the PPV money, then fight Canelo or Martinez.
            I think before he moved to 147 then it's a fight that he wouldn't have taken.

Now he's made noise at 147 and is most likely going to be ranked at #3 after the rankings are updated and the back story Guererro has, I think it's a fight that can and most likely will be made.

I just hope he fights twice next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Sergio might think he is being honest and I wouldn't call him a liar over it but I don't trust any boxers at face value. They always say that sort of thing, it is stupid for him to say otherwise because even if he has no intention of going down many people will believe him and considering the name of the guy getting linked with and how many people feel about that guy there is no way Martinez really gets called out on it. It is just boxing talk, and boxing talk is very cheap.

Martinez is not a small guy, if Martinez is small Floyd is tiny they are not the same size. He is a full fledged middleweight, he can't easily at this point in time make 154 he might kill himself to make it but do you really want to see Floyd beat a 50% version of Martinez. Floyd fought a couple guys at 154 and because he had the abilities to win those fight doesn't make him a 154 pound fighter, sure he can fight there but it certainly is not his best class. The fight would need to be at 160 for me to really like it and like I said I don't expect any fighter to do that sort of thing, but it would be cool.

Bradley and Guerrero are essentially equals, that is a 50/50 fight to me. Guerrero is the much easier fight to make and doesn't come with some stupid stuff that would come with fighting Bradley (why could he deal with TR for Bradley and couldn't make the Manny fight even though the situations would be very different).
              Hey,to each it's own bro..I can get with BO when he say's let Martinez prove it..But imo Martinez earned the right to say I'm good let's get it on at 154lb,if he says he can make it..I'd take his word for it..Same with Dawson..Dawson said he could make weight said he felt comfortable,he looked great..But soon as he got his azz beat everyone jumps to the weight..I think Ward just is the better fighter who got in Dawson azz...These guy's are professionals,if they put their name on the dotted line I expect them to come threw...

As for Bradley and R.G. being on the same level..I would have to disagree...Bradley has a victory over Pac and is a multi time unified Champ bro...When has R.G. ever done this(I really don't remember if R.G. ever unified),I think a fight with Robert and Bradley is a good fight...I would give it a 60/40 kinda fight in Bradley's favor...But as far as accomplishments,Bradley is further along at this point...Which is why he is on the P4P list and R.G. is not even close at this point...

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Well, he also talks a lot about Cotto and Alvarez. So the three fighters he wants to fight are one division below him, a weight class he claims he can make and be effective still, yet he never moves down and proves it? If he wants to fight these guys, staying at middleweight and doing nothing doesn't exactly prove he's serious about anything other than getting a check against these guys. Again, he talks a lot about wanting to move down yet he never actually does it.

I'd love to see Mayweather-Martinez. But with every fight where Martinez does nothing to pressure Mayweather into it, I question him more.
                Move down and fight who??Not some reg fighter...I believe if Alvarez or Cotto said I want Martinez he would move down...But for Martinez to move down to fight Lara or Vanes or somebody like that is flat out ridicules...Oh and none of the two have express any interest in fighting Martinez...

Comment

Now he's made noise at 147 and is most likely going to be ranked at #3 after the rankings are updated and the back story Guererro has, I think it's a fight that can and most likely will be made.

If Floyd moves back down to 147lb I don't expect to see a fight between him and Martinez ever made into reality...I would love for Cotto to fight Martinez and Floyd can fight Alvarez winners fight each other...

Comment

If Floyd does fight twice next year, then Canelo or Martinez should be on that list...Guerrero should not be on PPV if that does happen...Could get more interest from fans if it was on WCB...

SN: Bradley-Guerrero sounds like a good matchup, but that whole Top Rank-GBP thing...yeah that ain't happenin

Comment

Move down and fight who??Not some reg fighter...I believe if Alvarez or Cotto said I want Martinez he would move down...But for Martinez to move down to fight Lara or Vanes or somebody like that is flat out ridicules...Oh and none of the two have express any interest in fighting Martinez...
                      Rome, Lara called him out, Martinez should have fought him. Martinez doesn't help his situation, on top of that he could very easily have fought better opponents at 154, better than Murray I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X