No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has 'interest' in Robert Guerrero as next foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    i guess guerrero would be an okay first fight back to shake off the cob webs...
    This seems to be the consensus. If he's active, cool, fight Guerrero. But if Guerrero is his one fight for 2013, then that's bull**** and I don't know how anyone can cosign that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      But I thought his next fight in Argentina was set from a while back?
      Can't lie not to sure about that..But one thing is certain..Floyd would totally be the number 1 priority for Martinez if Floyd showed interest in fighting him...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Martinez is a middleweight, Floyd isn't even a real 154 pounder so you are talking about a pipe dream there. Get back to reality space cadet.

Manny well ok you can ask for that but is that likely to happen and Floyd isn't the only reason that fight has not taken place. I don't see that fight as all that much more challenging to Floyd than Guerrero though~

The fight will be fine, it is just one fight it ain't nothing to get twisted over. It is your right not to like it or watch, but you should really think about it a bit more because all I hear is a sheep bleating.

Also you are spinning just in a negative way~
        Floyd is not a JMW and Martinez is not a real MW..Let's be honest,at 160lb Martinez was not bigger then one of his opponents...154lb is a fair fight for both...That's also the fight everyone should want to see even more so then Floyd Pac..Cause anyone should see Pac is not in Floyd's class...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Can't lie not to sure about that..But one thing is certain..Floyd would totally be the number 1 priority for Martinez if Floyd showed interest in fighting him...
          I'd think so too but I don't think he would be for his next fight (In Argentina)

I think after that one's out the way, Mayweather-Martinez is possible.

Doesn't seem like it is, at this exact moment in time.

Comment

Floyd is not a JMW and Martinez is not a real MW..Let's be honest,at 160lb Martinez was not bigger then one of his opponents...154lb is a fair fight for both...That's also the fight everyone should want to see even more so then Floyd Pac..Cause anyone should see Pac is not in Floyd's class...
            Martinez is a real middleweight, if Floyd is a real welterweight which he is but he certainly isn't giant or bigger than any welter he fights, than Sergio is a real middleweight. To think he can just drop a class and be cool at his age and wear level is kind of crazy, and guys who fight like Sergio are real sensitive to decline. I like Sergio I don't want to see him do something to shorten his career which is already running on fumes.

At 154 it is not a real quality fight IMO, two names not fighting at their best. It would be alright but I would rather see Floyd fight a guy at his best or Floyd fighting in his best class. If he wants to mess with Sergio at 160 that would be cool I would want to see that, but I certainly don't expect that of any fighter.

As for Manny like I said it is not the much different than a Guerrero fight, a bit more challenging unless Manny is really on his game but every boxer he fought took him off his game to some degree and he is more faded than the Ghost.
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-27-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Martinez is a real middleweight, if Floyd is a real welterweight which he is but he certainly isn't giant or bigger than any welter he fights, than Sergio is a real middleweight. To think he can just drop a class and be cool at his age and wear level is kind of crazy, and guys who fight like Sergio are real sensitive to decline. I like Sergio I don't want to see him do something to shorten his career which is already running on fumes.

At 154 it is not a real quality fight IMO, two names not fighting at their best. It would be alright but I would rather see Floyd fight a guy at his best or Floyd fighting in his best class. If he wants to mess with Sergio at 160 that would be cool I would want to see that, but I certainly don't expect that of any fighter.

As for Manny like I said it is not the much different than a Guerrero fight, a bit more challenging unless Manny is really on his game but every boxer he fought took him off his game to some degree and he is more faded than the Ghost.
              I respect your view bro,but Martinez is a pros pro...I would trust him to get down to 154lb with no issues..Actually he said he can make with no issues,I'd take his word over(no offense)anybody else..That is the fight I most like to see both fighters in...Martinez is a small guy bro,May is a WW who can make 154lb comfortably..Martinez is a JMW who can make 160 comfortably..It's the perfect match imo...

As for a WW fight,I would much rather see Bradley fight May then Pac at this point...Bradley younger fresher and presents a much different challenge imo..I think Pac is pretty much done..But Floyd Martinez is the match..

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I'd think so too but I don't think he would be for his next fight (In Argentina)

I think after that one's out the way, Mayweather-Martinez is possible.

Doesn't seem like it is, at this exact moment in time.
                I just hope this fight happens..At this point it's a match made in heaven...

Comment

Martinez needs to fight at least once at 154 to prove he can make the weight healthily. If he doesn't do that, he will never be worth it for Mayweather, because no matter what happens Mayweather can't win.

Martinez has talked a lot about being able to make 154, and wanting to move down to 154, but with every fight that passes where he is at middleweight still, the less I believe him and the more I believe he wants Mayweather for the paycheck and nothing else.

Comment

I respect your view bro,but Martinez is a pros pro...I would trust him to get down to 154lb with no issues..Actually he said he can make with no issues,I'd take his word over(no offense)anybody else..That is the fight I most like to see both fighters in...Martinez is a small guy bro,May is a WW who can make 154lb comfortably..Martinez is a JMW who can make 160 comfortably..It's the perfect match imo...

As for a WW fight,I would much rather see Bradley fight May then Pac at this point...Bradley younger fresher and presents a much different challenge imo..I think Pac is pretty much done..But Floyd Martinez is the match..
                    Sergio might think he is being honest and I wouldn't call him a liar over it but I don't trust any boxers at face value. They always say that sort of thing, it is stupid for him to say otherwise because even if he has no intention of going down many people will believe him and considering the name of the guy getting linked with and how many people feel about that guy there is no way Martinez really gets called out on it. It is just boxing talk, and boxing talk is very cheap.

Martinez is not a small guy, if Martinez is small Floyd is tiny they are not the same size. He is a full fledged middleweight, he can't easily at this point in time make 154 he might kill himself to make it but do you really want to see Floyd beat a 50% version of Martinez. Floyd fought a couple guys at 154 and because he had the abilities to win those fight doesn't make him a 154 pound fighter, sure he can fight there but it certainly is not his best class. The fight would need to be at 160 for me to really like it and like I said I don't expect any fighter to do that sort of thing, but it would be cool.

Bradley and Guerrero are essentially equals, that is a 50/50 fight to me. Guerrero is the much easier fight to make and doesn't come with some stupid stuff that would come with fighting Bradley (why could he deal with TR for Bradley and couldn't make the Manny fight even though the situations would be very different).

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Martinez needs to fight at least once at 154 to prove he can make the weight healthily. If he doesn't do that, he will never be worth it for Mayweather, because no matter what happens Mayweather can't win.

Martinez has talked a lot about being able to make 154, and wanting to move down to 154, but with every fight that passes where he is at middleweight still, the less I believe him and the more I believe he wants Mayweather for the paycheck and nothing else.
                      Mayweather has shown no interest in fighting him tho...Why should Martinez do anything when Floyd shows no interest...There is no reason for Martinez to miss out on money at 160lb if Floyd won't get into a serious discussion about a fight with Martinez...Hell has he ever(Floyd)even express any desire to fight Martinez??

Comment

Working...
                      X