Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You will always be a Winner Ricky Hatton! Good Job!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    Hatton has to realise that being a champion doesnt mean not getting beat or knocked out. its how much heart you show in the ring.
    What? Being a champion is about taking a beating? This isn't a rocky movie? What other sport would you hear this kind of talk? Being a champion is about winning.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
      What? Being a champion is about taking a beating? This isn't a rocky movie? What other sport would you hear this kind of talk? Being a champion is about winning.
      In context, i obviously wasnt talking about winning a belt.
      Ever heard the expression 'champion of the people'?
      Ever heard people call Ali or any ex-fighter 'champ'? Thats respect for what they have achieved and for showing courage, determination and will power in the ring. Its for inspiring their supporters. That is Hatton in a nutshell.

Comment

This is ridiculous. The man got paid more than most people will see in a lifetime and sobs away like a baby? I dont know if he did this for the money or not but there was NO reason a 10 rounder should be a PPV.

Hundreds of boxers go through what Hatton has. Depression from not being able to fight anymore. Only they don't have £50 million, a mansion etc.
        You think he shouldnt cry because of he has money? He cried because his career is over. Like you said, many otrher fighters have to face the same thing, and having money has nothing to do with it. And they understand what he is going through. You clearly do not.

And it was a PPV because he was and is an extremely popular fighter who people will pay to see fight. Its basic business.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          You think he shouldnt cry because of he has money? He cried because his career is over. Like you said, many otrher fighters have to face the same thing, and having money has nothing to do with it. And they understand what he is going through. You clearly do not.

And it was a PPV because he was and is an extremely popular fighter who people will pay to see fight. Its basic business.
          You sound very gulliable and niave. I do understand what it is like to get depressed from not being able to fight anymore. But do you understand what other problems people in the world are having? People are starving to death and Hatton is crying for taking a beating which he earned around £5 million for.

Comment

he did ok in the first few rds
            but he tired quickly and never had defense anyway
            thought he was gonna get a good KO in that fight
            sad way for him to finish, but still give him some props

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              Nah....he will be Back.
              he wont. he hasnt got anything left. the loss in speed was frightening! so slow in there tonight. his accuracy was also very poor. the judges were going to give him the win, but in reality he wouldnt have deserved it in my opinion.

Comment

LOVE RICKY!! It's unfortunate his 2 losses are to PED abusers.

I pray for RICK to focus his energy on what will bring him happiness so he can be the best RICKY he can be.

Comment

You sound very gulliable and niave. I do understand what it is like to get depressed from not being able to fight anymore. But do you understand what other problems people in the world are having? People are starving to death and Hatton is crying for taking a beating which he earned around £5 million for.
                  I dont think anyone can understand what its like to be an ex-world champion and a fighter for decades. I know i dont, thats why i dont judge him. Are you an ex-world champion?

Like i said, u seem focused on money. Money has nothing to do with Hatton's position last night. He was upset because his career is over. Its not all about money. Why do you think fighters put their lives at risk when they are already rich? Much of it is about pride and wanting to be the best.

And i think its quite hypocritical of you to suggest he shouldnt be crying when other people in the world are suffering, when its you who seems upset over a internet thread. Its all relative. People cry when they lose a fight, or their dog dies, or their house is burned down...but they shouldnt right, because there is always someone who is suffering worse?? lol.

Comment

context is important in emotional responses.

Just because there was a tsunami that wiped out thousands of lives a few years ago, doesnt mean you shouldnt shed a tear if your dog gets run over today.

Theres times when cant just shut out emotions based on the judgement that theres worse things happening in the world. Emotions are irrational, thats why they are called emotions. Else we'd all be boring Dr Spocks (though that Vulcan death grip thing would come in handy in the championship rounds, mind).

Besides without these emotional responses, we'd never be able to justify or validate doing anything good for someone else in worse circumstances than ours.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-25-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X