Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would have Floyd done in the 90s WW era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he would have retired and stay retired till today.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
      Dint realize they were 90's fighters
      oh thought 90's is 80's lol but my answer will be the same though

floyd would be undefeated in any era

if hes health comes first fighter now, he'd be more health comes first in the past

i know it hurts u larry but facts usually hurt
      so its expected

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
        it was easy for him to be a cash cow fighting old or green fighters while avoiding threats like pac it will be the same as for him for the past

with his bunch of turd fanatics dreaming he woulda coulda knockout those guys anyway, why fight them?

i think he'll probably fought them after those guys are done and past prime

its his mouth that creates the cash, so if he had the same mouth hed be the same cash cow as he is now while avoiding risk
        In your scenario, you're presupposing that Mayweather is a star before Duran, Leonard and Hearns. In that case, I doubt he could avoid all three while they were all in the same division. Floyd would look ridiculous, as it would be pretty clear he's ducking all threats. He would make no money fighting inferior opposition, when the fans could choose from three other stars that are, indeed, fighting each other. How much of a superstar could Mayweather be while Duran and Leonard are eclipsing him with their legendary rivalry?

On the other hand, if we assume Floyd came just after them, he would be the one begging for a fight. He would be the one desperate for a shot at stardom. In either case, Mayweather, in my opinion, would've had to fight one, two or all three ATGs.

Comment

He'd come out on top. Forrest, De La Hoya, and Whitaker would have a chance at winning close, but I wouldn't favor any of them. I can't see Trinidad or Quartey beating him.

Comment

he'd have done pretty well, but with couple of losses/few more ducks

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
              oh thought 90's is 80's lol but my answer will be the same though

floyd would be undefeated in any era

if hes health comes first fighter now, he'd be more health comes first in the past

i know it hurts u larry but facts usually hurt
              so its expected
              hurt me?all i said was you had the wrong fighters in the wrong era

Comment

I think he would be tough for anyone, I think Oscar would have bested him in his prime, close though. Sweet Pea would have beaten him pretty convincingly although on points. I could see him having problems with Quartey, but I think thats a pick em.
                Last edited by junior gong; 11-20-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  In your scenario, you're presupposing that Mayweather is a star before Duran, Leonard and Hearns. In that case, I doubt he could avoid all three while they were all in the same division. Floyd would look ridiculous, as it would be pretty clear he's ducking all threats. He would make no money fighting inferior opposition, when the fans could choose from three other stars that are, indeed, fighting each other. How much of a superstar could Mayweather be while Duran and Leonard are eclipsing him with their legendary rivalry?

On the other hand, if we assume Floyd came just after them, he would be the one begging for a fight. He would be the one desperate for a shot at stardom. In either case, Mayweather, in my opinion, would've had to fight one, two or all three ATGs.
                  i guess u could say he might have fought one of them or all of them
                  but for me i cant imagine him fighting them when those guys were hot

cant change the fact that floyd is floyd

people imagining floyd fighting those guys in their best era is like imagining floyd as the fearless hulk

cant change the faq that he is a health comes first type of fighter b4 money

so to imagine him on any era i can imagine him taking a nice vacation while those guys are hot then comes back and fight them when the flame stops

the TS is asking everyone to put the "same floyd" in a different era not a fearless version type of floyd which he is not

Comment

Hard to say I don't think the PEDs floating around in the 90s where as strong as today's brand.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                      hurt me?all i said was you had the wrong fighters in the wrong era
                      aight my bad

Comment

Working...
                      X