Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would have Floyd done in the 90s WW era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather could compete at the highest level in any welterweight era. He might not be the star he is today, nor would he be undefeated, but he could compete with the best of 'em. In the nineties, specifically, Floyd would've probably beaten Trinidad. If De La Hoya was able to outbox "Tito" the way he did, Mayweather would probably win a UD. On the other hand, Oscar might've won an encounter with Floyd. A washed-up De La Hoya didn't look too terrible versus Mayweather.

Comment

Like him or NOT...Mayweather is talented and skilled enough to do good in ANY ERA IMO...his father and uncle had some success before him and with their styles and Mayweather is way more talented then his father and uncle as far as just pure RAW TALENT like Speed, Reflexes, Footwork, Hand Speed, also smarter then both in the ring

so like him or Not, I think Mayweather does well in most Era's before him especially PRIME Floyd the one before the hand problems that was fighting at 130-135
      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

health comes first

possibly undefeated also because of ducking SRL, duran, hearns

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
          health comes first

If Mayweather fought in the era of the "Fab Four," he would've had to fight some of them. It was a different time. Floyd wouldn't have wanted to be left out of the loop. Also, Mayweather probably would've had to get past a couple of them to become a star and have to ability to duck (if that's what you believe he does) in the first place.

Comment

He would have been a top fighter no doubt, but he probably would have picked a loss up on the way.

Trinidad wouldn't have been his hardest fight, Hopkins picked Trinidad apart and while Hopkins is much bigger Floyd's boxing ability is up there. Oscar and Quartey would have been hard, Quarteys jab was so good and Floyd hasn't really faced an elite fighter with a great jab, Oscar managed to make it reasonably close in their fight and a younger Oscar would have done better. Sugar Shane was a different fighter when he was young as well, not looking for the KO as much and working combinations much better. One of those three IMO would have been very tough fights.

But I have no doubt he would have been up there as one of the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              If Mayweather fought in the era of the "Fab Four," he would've had to fight some of them. It was a different time. Floyd wouldn't have wanted to be left out of the loop. Also, Mayweather probably would've had to get past a couple of them to become a star and have to ability to duck (if that's what you believe he does) in the first place.
              what makes u think he'll fight a more dangerous fighters in SRL, DURAN, HEARNS?

you think he'll rather fight those guys than pac?

shoot if i was him health comes first minded guy ill take pac any day vs taking one of this guys (SRL, DURAN, HEARNS)

Comment

shoot if i was him health comes first minded guy ill take pac any day vs taking one of this guys (SRL, DURAN, HEARNS)
                The difference would have been that it would be much more difficult to not face those guys and still make huge money. Floyd and Pacquiao could not fight each other and still earn massive sums. If guys like Duran, SRL, and Hearns were also on the market then that would not be the case. Their talents would not be as rare.

Comment

I believe I told you why I think so in my original post. lol I don't know how to make it any clearer, but I think "Dr Rumack" is on the right track:

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  The difference would have been that it would be much more difficult to not face those guys and still make huge money. Floyd and Pacquiao could not fight each other and still earn massive sums. If guys like Duran, SRL, and Hearns were also on the market then that would not be the case. Their talents would not be as rare.
                  I just think that, bottom line, there was a different zeitgeist, a different way of doing things back then. I don't think Floyd would've been able to, or even wanted to, go his own way.
                  Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    it was easy for him to be a cash cow fighting old or green fighters while avoiding threats like pac it will be the same as for him for the past

with his bunch of turd fanatics dreaming he woulda coulda knockout those guys anyway, why fight them?

i think he'll probably fought them after those guys are done and past prime

its his mouth that creates the cash, so if he had the same mouth hed be the same cash cow as he is now while avoiding risk

Comment

health comes first

Dint realize they were 90's fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X