Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time Golovkin took a real challenge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he called everybody from 154 to 168 out on TV

unless he's a complete fraud it's pretty evident that he's not scared of anybody

you can't just fight whoever you want, for whatever dollar amount you like, for whatever network you chose. at this stage golovkin is doing what he's told. he's a fighter. most of these guys can't name the top 10 guys in their divisions. real talk.

most elite fighters aren't gym rats in the tradition of say your ishe smiths of the world, who can talk your ear off about the top 50 guys in their divisions. they train hard as f#ck for 10 weeks, fight, collect a check, and go on vacation, waiting for a phone call from a manager or promotor offering them a single purse, date, and opponent. from there it's "yes" or "no." the best of the best might get a list of opponents. otherwise, you do what you're told by your boss. your promotor is your boss. not the other way around.

when these guys say "i leave it up to my manager / promotor" they are not always ducking somebody. they're telling the truth. they don't manage or promote themselves. for the most part don't have a clue about that side of things. these are mostly uneducated guys from hard neighborhoods. they're not businessmen. they train and fight

that's an incredibly naive way of looking at boxing.
    Last edited by New England; 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

It'll be Rosado and not Guerrero.

And yes Rosado or Guerrero are the only guys they could get.

Macklin and Lee won't happen. Lou Debila wants nothing to do with Triple G.

Also the opponent pool had to be approved by HBO. HBO shot down N'dam, Rubio and Vera.

Geale passed on him. Murray has visa issues. Pirog has injury issues.

Sturm still doesn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        It'll be Rosado and not Guerrero.

And yes Rosado or Guerrero are the only guys they could get.

Macklin and Lee won't happen. Lou Debila wants nothing to do with Triple G.

Also the opponent pool had to be approved by HBO. HBO shot down N'dam, Rubio and Vera.

Geale passed on him. Murray has visa issues. Pirog has injury issues.

Sturm still doesn't want it.

rosado is a big kid. he's not world class, but it's not an awful fight. as you've outlined, his team has gone after the bigger guys.

one of the things that really pushes a fighter in golovkin's current situation along is an HBO push. that's why fighters love al haymon so much. he can get you on HBO against a bum and make you look spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          All this talk he is a monster & people are ducking him. The best opponent they can find him is Fernando Guerrero?

People are actually saying this is a good fight clearly haven't seen Fernando Guerrero in action. His chin is fcuking embarrassing and he will get knocked out brutally within 4 rounds. I actually think the first time Golovkin lands its likely all over & I'm not joking.

Why don't his team give Mathew Macklin a call? a solid top 10 middleweight who I can only presume will happily give him a fight and will do more for his career than 10 Fernando Guerreros.

Khurtsidze, Adama, Macklin, Lee, anybody but Fernando Guerrero. He is nearly 31. Isn't about time he stepped up? You knock Sergio's opposition, look who this guy has fought. Deontay Wilder of the middleweights.
          I read Macklin is have a nose operation, unavailable for january. He was also a candidate for Proksa's spot in the fall, but didn't sound interested in the interview posted here.

Most of those other guys you mentioned would not get approved by HBO. Lee is after Macklin btw

Comment

How about people grow a pair and fight him
            Quillen is scared straight of him

Comment

What can golovkin do when everybody is running scared from him?

Comment

You mean to tell me fighters are intimidated and scared to fight this goon for a life changing amount of money?

Right, that is me officially done with boxing, this sport is just not for me.

Comment

You mean to tell me fighters are intimidated and scared to fight this goon for a life changing amount of money?

U mean a couple of hundred grand? I wonder what country they'll buy with that life changing amount of money

Comment

You just said it. Non of the top fighters want anything to do with him because he's a bad mother****er and don't bring a lot of $$$. Very high risk and low reward.

Comment

Good question, Why doesn't he fight Molina? I mean he wanted the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X