Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time Golovkin took a real challenge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an issue when you have Geale fighting Mundine.

It's a great big fight in Australia but there's two titles essentially taken hostage and then there is a host of guys who are probably jostling for a shot at Geale, Chavez or Martinez.

Macklin will probably fight him in the end but it would be nice if someone else stepped up because stylistically Macklin would be onto a loser in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Wrong, GG brings something Pirog did not: an HBO date, for the second fight in a row
      HBO Date for who? Martinez? Chavez jnr? am glad he has got a HBO date and i hope he builds on that..and fight someone like Molina not another trash that makes him look like a Killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Lol scared of what? Video of him beating Proksa? Yea thats epic!!!
        So just answer one question, why isn't he able to land a fight? Quillin is already playing the ducking game and Rodriguez gave up a half a million dollar paycheck? Not to mention Geale gave up a belt haha. Those are ALL quality opponents too.
        Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 11-19-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          So just answer one question, why isn't he able to land a fight? Quillin is already playing the ducking game and Rodriguez gave up a half a million dollar paycheck? Not to mention Geale gave up a belt haha.
          I dont know about Quillin but Rodriquez came out and said he wasnt offered that sort of money and they wanted him to drain down in weight... Geale is trash, GGG is looking the right way which is america but he needs to build himself up first before anyone at the top would even look his way.

Comment

HBO Date for who? Martinez? Chavez jnr? am glad he has got a HBO date and i hope he builds on that..and fight someone like Molina not another trash that makes him look like a Killer.
            For whoever wants it, it's the biggest stage in boxing, and for many of his potential opponent, the best money they can get.

Comment

I dont know about Quillin but Rodriquez came out and said he wasnt offered that sort of money and they wanted him to drain down in weight... Geale is trash, GGG is looking the right way which is america but he needs to build himself up first before anyone at the top would even look his way.
              I'm trying to figure out though, how does he build himself up if every time he goes to fight someone they turn him down? Then he goes to the next best and people criticize him for that? What is he suppose to do? Can you tell me what you would do if you were in his shoes?

Comment

Agree Dan. GGG has showed massive potential, but his best wins are over Proska and Ouma. And now Martinez is "ducking" him if he doesn't fight him next? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  It's an issue when you have Geale fighting Mundine.

It's a great big fight in Australia but there's two titles essentially taken hostage and then there is a host of guys who are probably jostling for a shot at Geale, Chavez or Martinez.

Macklin will probably fight him in the end but it would be nice if someone else stepped up because stylistically Macklin would be onto a loser in that fight.
                  Well, Geale can't fight two guys at the same time, which is the problem with having two belts. WBA did the "right" thing and stripped him, so now Golovkin holds the title. I find it crazy that Geale and Martinez are getting more grief for not fighting Golovkin than Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Who was Martinez fighting at 30?
                    Who was saying Martinez was the greatest most unstoppable middleweight in the world when he was 30?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      All this talk he is a monster & people are ducking him. The best opponent they can find him is Fernando Guerrero?

People are actually saying this is a good fight clearly haven't seen Fernando Guerrero in action. His chin is fcuking embarrassing and he will get knocked out brutally within 4 rounds. I actually think the first time Golovkin lands its likely all over & I'm not joking.

Why don't his team give Mathew Macklin a call? a solid top 10 middleweight who I can only presume will happily give him a fight and will do more for his career than 10 Fernando Guerreros.

Khurtsidze, Adama, Macklin, Lee, anybody but Fernando Guerrero. He is nearly 31. Isn't about time he stepped up? You knock Sergio's opposition, look who this guy has fought. Deontay Wilder of the middleweights.
                      Anyone remember the Guerrero/Brewer fight? Guerrero is TERRIBLE. Brewer beat him with 1 hand.. just kept spamming 1 arm over and over.

Comment

Working...
                      X