Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time Golovkin took a real challenge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
    There's no doubt he's been ducked by quite a few, but he isn't exactly trying to work his way up by fighting middle tier guys. The alternative to Martinez shouldn't be Fernando Guerrero, I'm sure they could have gotten someone better. I don't really have anything against Golovkin, but the hype he gets is too much considering his lack of quality opposition even if that's not entirely his fault. Reminds me too much of Bute, he was looking highly skilled against crap opposition too, it's a different game when you hit the next level.
    There's one HUGE difference between Golovkin and Bute and that's a chin, Bute is a terrific boxer but has a china jaw and can't handle pressure. Golovkin has titanium whiskers. The guy is a natural 154 pound fighter who spars heavyweights. Guerrero is an ok fight for me if he's planning in fighting 3/4 times a year

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      >__>...Antonio Margarito....

Not bad if you ask me. Lost, but who cares? Not like he had that GGG hype going into that fight.
      That was at 25. His comp dropped way down after that, for like 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        All this talk he is a monster & people are ducking him. The best opponent they can find him is Fernando Guerrero?

People are actually saying this is a good fight clearly haven't seen Fernando Guerrero in action. His chin is fcuking embarrassing and he will get knocked out brutally within 4 rounds. I actually think the first time Golovkin lands its likely all over & I'm not joking.

Why don't his team give Mathew Macklin a call? a solid top 10 middleweight who I can only presume will happily give him a fight and will do more for his career than 10 Fernando Guerreros.

Khurtsidze, Adama, Macklin, Lee, anybody but Fernando Guerrero. He is nearly 31. Isn't about time he stepped up? You knock Sergio's opposition, look who this guy has fought. Deontay Wilder of the middleweights.
        Wilder of the middleweight division? What are you smoking? He fought Proksa who was european champion and was only defeated once (controversial dec) and he fought Ouma who decked Martirosyan and gave Taylor a run for his money. How is that in the same ballpark as Wilder fighting janitors and hot dog vendors? It's not in the same solar system.

Comment

Working...
        X