No announcement yet.

Mares is top 5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's top 10, no question.

Not top 5 though. Can't rank him ahead of Mayweather, Marquez, Pacquiao, Ward or Donaire.

Comment

NO way, mares did what He needed to do to beat the better boxer last nigh, but we can't disregard that He had to use dirty tactics to do it.
      P4Ps don't have too.

Comment

top pound for pound dirty

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He's top 10, no question.

Not top 5 though. Can't rank him ahead of Mayweather, Marquez, Pacquiao, Ward or Donaire.

i cannot wait for his mares next fight.

if he fights santa cruz i will die happy. what a brutal fight that would be...

Comment

Heard Mares just BARELY made it through Moreno. NO, Mares might just squeak into the top 10 but nowhere near the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              Heard Mares just BARELY made it through Moreno. NO, Mares might just squeak into the top 10 but nowhere near the top 5.

the cards and deduction were whack, but the fight was pretty clearly won by mares, especially considering the knockdown call (which was legit, and a very hard call to make.)

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i cannot wait for his mares next fight.

if he fights santa cruz i will die happy. what a brutal fight that would be...
                I'd love to see that fight.

It's interesting to see where Mares goes next. Will it be Donaire? Looks like him and Rigondeaux is going to be next if he beats Poonsawat.

Comment

ive been having him in the top for a while but this win puts him top 5

Comment

the cards and deduction were whack, but the fight was pretty clearly won by mares, especially considering the knockdown call (which was legit, and a very hard call to make.)
                    Any links where I can watch the fight? Missed all the US action last night.

Comment

again, being a great puncher entails a good deal outside of simply being fast and strong. julian jackson is the hardest puncher i've ever seen. he was very explosive and strong, but he had GREAT timing that allowed him to throw when his guy's gloves weren't at home and protecting his face. donaire has that quality.

the fact remains that when donaire is not imposing his power punching abilities he's pretty ordinary and doesn't do much to carry the rounds. go back and watch the recent fights and you'll hear donaire getting booed because he's so inconsistent.
                      only reason he gets booed doesn't have to do with him being inconsistent (which i don't see how he is btw) it has to do with him not being like pacquiao. donaire prefers to stay back and counter punch..people expect him to be the next pacquiao which is a come forward/aggressive fighter that just steam rolls through his opponents. also the fact that his recent opponents aside from mathebula are too hesitant to throw doesn't help his situation either.

Comment

Working...
                      X