Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mares is top 5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not top 5, but despite my anger with what he is allowed to get away with he did deserve the win last night, and he is top 10 without question.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Definitely not top 5, but despite my anger with what he is allowed to get away with he did deserve the win last night, and he is top 10 without question.
      Its getting annoying. Dude is mad quick of foot and strong though.

His leading with the head is getting a bit out of control. I dont know what the ref though moreno was supposed to do.

Comment

nope, not even top 10... but he is a consistent dirty fighter... fight after fight he proves that...

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
          nope, not even top 10... but he is a consistent dirty fighter... fight after fight he proves that...
          Lol, so part of your personal pfp criteria is that a fighter must be clean??

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Its getting annoying. Dude is mad quick of foot and strong though.

His leading with the head is getting a bit out of control. I dont know what the ref though moreno was supposed to do.
            It's unfair and changes every fight he is in. He's literally allowed to do anything he wants, which would be fine if the ref was consistent, but the ref always punishes Mares' opponent. Its hard to give Mares too much credit when he's allowed to do anything.

Comment

It's easy to say top 5 p4p then you go "ahead of JMM, Pac, Floyd, Ward, Martinez,Donaire, etc? Naaaah"

I love Mares but the ref bias is getting extreme... I guess he fits right in with Floyd and Ward in that sense? Lol.

Props to Moreno for staying classy and giving a good showing of himself.
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-11-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

If hes top 10 hes somewhere from 8-10. No higher.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  His resume is at least equal if not more impressive than Ward and Donaire's. Its time we start giving him credit.
                  1. Mayweather
                  2. Pacquiao
                  3. Ward
                  4. Martinez
                  5. Donaire

Who does he overtake on that list? No one. Not even close.

Comment

He takes Moreno's spot at number 9. He should get the Donaire fight but Donaire's speed will be a problem for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      He takes Moreno's spot at number 9. He should get the Donaire fight but Donaire's speed will be a problem for him.
                      I think Mares could fit in around six, though I'm far more impressed with what he did last night (even in scoring for Moreno by a point) and in the last two or so years than what Martinez has done the last two years. Moreno can stay near the bottom. They're both still among the best in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X