Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Targets a Chad Dawson Title Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bellow always states that he doesn't know just how good he is. I'll guess he'll find out if he steps in the ring with Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      What planet are you on, Box-Up?

A guy, who's best win is an old, washed up Miranda, is a clear favourite against someone who's been a world champion since Bellew was still an amateur! Have you not seen Bellew fight prior to Miranda?

Levels apart and Bellew has done nothing to suggest he can hang with someone like Dawson.
      If Dawson is in good nick i agree, but I've got a feeling he might be shot

Going down in weight and getting knocked out by a guy who couldn't even ko Allen green isn't a good sign.

I'd definitely take pascal to ko Dawson if that rematch happens

I think his chins gone

Comment

I've got a lot of time for Tony Bellew. I used to dislike him but he's really grown on me.

He's not that good of a fighter but he will fight anyone and has the heart of a lion. I'd love to see him become world Champion.

If he fights Dawson however, he will almost certainly lose unless Dawson is completely shot to pieces.

Comment

Dawson was definitely weight drained in the Ward fight and that really showed with the amount of times he was down and the eventual stoppage. At his natural weight of 175 lbs, he's a different fighter, not as good as he once was but still very capable.

Bellew looked poor against McKenzie and struggled against the likes of Bob Ajisafe, a southpaw like Dawson. Bellew's been down a few times too and he hasn't really done anything to suggest world class quality.

I like Bellew and I could see him peaking as a contender, I just don't see the quality of a world champion in him. On the contrary, Nathan Cleverly is a world champion.

Comment

Dawson was definitely weight drained in the Ward fight and that really showed with the amount of times he was down and the eventual stoppage. At his natural weight of 175 lbs, he's a different fighter, not as good as he once was but still very capable.

Bellew looked poor against McKenzie and struggled against the likes of Bob Ajisafe, a southpaw like Dawson. Bellew's been down a few times too and he hasn't really done anything to suggest world class quality.

I like Bellew and I could see him peaking as a contender, I just don't see the quality of a world champion in him. On the contrary, Nathan Cleverly is a world champion.
            I thought Clev/Bellew was 50/50 in fairness.

Very little, if anything, between them. I'm not sure Clev beats Bellew in a rematch, he's becoming rather one dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              I thought Clev/Bellew was 50/50 in fairness.

Very little, if anything, between them. I'm not sure Clev beats Bellew in a rematch, he's becoming rather one dimensional.
              Cleverly has regressed a lot and isn't really maximising his potential. Shows a good chin and speed but has virtually no defence and is reluctant to use his boxing skills. He'd rather trade to entertain the crowd and isn't a big puncher at all. If he just boxes and works on becoming much more defensively sound, using his speed, punch resilience and workrate he'd become a much better fighter.

Bellew-Cleverly was a close contest and it's Bellew's best chance at becoming a world champion. But they're targeting Dawson as they have 'been shown the blueprint on how to beat him', so team Bellew fancy their chances. Would Warren want to do business with Bellew/Matchroom?

The outlook of the Light-heavyweight division is quite bleak, not much talent surging through.

Comment

Bellew could win this fight. Dawson should win it, but he will have to be on point because Bellew can give anyone a hard night and he hasnt looked good in a long time, could even be sliding a bit.

Comment

Cleverly has regressed a lot and isn't really maximising his potential. Shows a good chin and speed but has virtually no defence and is reluctant to use his boxing skills. He'd rather trade to entertain the crowd and isn't a big puncher at all. If he just boxes and works on becoming much more defensively sound, using his speed, punch resilience and workrate he'd become a much better fighter.

Bellew-Cleverly was a close contest and it's Bellew's best chance at becoming a world champion. But they're targeting Dawson as they have 'been shown the blueprint on how to beat him', so team Bellew fancy their chances. Would Warren want to do business with Bellew/Matchroom?

The outlook of the Light-heavyweight division is quite bleak, not much talent surging through.
                  I reckon thats an absolutely spot on assesment of where Cleverly is at.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I've got a lot of time for Tony Bellew. I used to dislike him but he's really grown on me.

He's not that good of a fighter but he will fight anyone and has the heart of a lion. I'd love to see him become world Champion.

If he fights Dawson however, he will almost certainly lose unless Dawson is completely shot to pieces.
                    It seems like my opinion has been perfectly expressed by somebody else.

. . . . . That leaves me free to go and make a cup of tea.

Comment

I really like Bellew, but that's the worst style match up for him in the division. We also have to consider here, that Bellew was struggling at times with a shot to pieces blown up Miranda, yet he did perform well against Cleverly. I think he'd honestly make a good tune up fight for Dawson to be honest.

I'm also of the belief Dawson ISN'T shot, that Andre Ward is just THAT good. No one will do to Chad what Ward did to him. It's odd, people are throwing around the word "shot" about the same guy who convincingly beat Hopkins 5 months previous to his encounter with Ward. And I'm a Hopkins fan. Yea, Bernard was not what he used to be, but he was good enough to completely outclass a good, fast, young fighter in Pascal.

Dawson is still the man at LHW, and the only fighters I really see troubling him at the moment are Pascal in a rematch, or with Cloud, but I still favor him to win those fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X