No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Targets a Chad Dawson Title Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Targets a Chad Dawson Title Showdown

Tony Bellew wants to set up a clash with Chad Dawson for the WBC light heavyweight World title if he beats Roberto Bolonti for the vacant WBC Silver title at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, live Sky Sports on November 17 in Betfair’s ‘True Brit’.

Bellew believes Dawson is the best light heavyweight in the world and a win over Argentine Bolonti in the chief support bout to Carl Froch’s IBF super middleweight World title defence against Yusaf Mack should propel The Bomber into the WBC top five.

The Liverpool boxer has his sights set on the WBC World title and while he would like to become Dawson’s mandatory challenger, Bellew isn’t ruling out an IBF World title shot against Tavoris Cloud.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bellew would be the right opponent for Dawson for a comeback fight.

Hopefully Scully learns from his mistakes and Dawson's mistakes as well, because Dawson under Scully has looked awful (which is not surprising).
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I was surprised they didn't pursue a Cleverly rematch and instead went the WBC route. Bellew is a decent light-heavyweight and it's an easy nights work for Dawson if this fight ever happens, good to see him set his sights high though - unlike a fellow countryman.

Comment

LOL. Where's Nathan Cleverly?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          LOL. Where's Nathan Cleverly?
          In Frank Warren's pocket being spoon fed...

Comment

I actually think Bellew can win that fight.

Chad remains one of my favourite fighters, but he hasn't looked himself since he easily beat Johnson in the rematch...which was over 3 years ago. He doesn't throw combo's as well, he's lazy, loses focus and doesn't respond well to punches.

3 years ago Chad beats Bellew senseless, now it could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              I was surprised they didn't pursue a Cleverly rematch and instead went the WBC route. Bellew is a decent light-heavyweight and it's an easy nights work for Dawson if this fight ever happens, good to see him set his sights high though - unlike a fellow countryman.

Won't happen, unfortunately.

Warren and Bellew split acrimoniously earlier this year. Also, Bellew probably stops Cleverly in a rematch.

Comment

Bellew wins this fight, and easily so.

Chad is all washed up. I don’t care that his fight with Ward was at 168lb, a defeat like that is a permanent blow. Bellew has FAR too much courage, heart and dogged determination to lose to Chad Dawson.

This is an easy fight to pick. Bellew wins via stoppage in the latter half of the fight.

Now all we need is to see it signed up!

Comment

What planet are you on, Box-Up?

A guy, who's best win is an old, washed up Miranda, is a clear favourite against someone who's been a world champion since Bellew was still an amateur! Have you not seen Bellew fight prior to Miranda?

Levels apart and Bellew has done nothing to suggest he can hang with someone like Dawson.

Comment

Bellew got this, then id love to see him get a rematch with Clev.

Comment

Working...
                    X