Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Wach is Pumped, Hungry To Knock Klitschko Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen his fights against Tye Fields and Kevin McBride (they're both on YouTube) and, based on those, he has either no chance or a tiny chance. Wach seems too stiff and one-directional for his height to make much of a difference.

My guess is Fury has already been pencilled in for a fight against Wlad some time next year, and that this is punching-slightly-upwards target practice.

Comment

Comment

Actually starting to look forward to this one. I know Wach is much too slow to really threaten Wlad but it's always interesting to see him against fighters his height. I think he has issues at times figuring out what to do on the inside against taller fighters...he's not able to immediately get over the top of a taller fighter and push down like he does to smaller fighters and that leave him vulnerable if you're able to get off and stay tall yourself. Unfortunately, Wach doesn't do that he is typically content on staying at distance and I think Wlad can easily fight this off the back foot for a while and still get a KO...he's tall but he lurches forward, doesn't move his head much and should be easy to find up the middle. I think this will be an entertaining fight with less holding than someo of Wlad's matchups

Comment

Wach needs several game plans and the practice to fluidly switch from one to the other. Unfortunately for this big guy I don''t think he's smooth or slick enough to be anything other then a war of attrition guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Wach is strong and durable, he's never been down as a pro or amateur. He'll last longer than bums like Mormeck and Thompson.

It will either be a late TKO or wide decision win for Wladimir.
            Nope - He's pretty much a bum who has done absolutely zilch to earn a shot at the title - I will, as always, hope for the upset.

Comment

wont save him from being knocked the **** out

Comment

It's going to be target practice for Wladimir.

Check out Wach's chin!

Comment

Is he hungry to get knocked out though ? Because it's more likely.

Comment

could outside distractions be a difference in this fight?

in my opinion & from what i've seen of wach there is absolutely no reason wladimir should not easily dispose of this guy. he's big & slow, has never had his chin really tested & beating mcbride, gavern & tye fields doesn't exactly give you experience in big event prizefighting. this is by far the biggest stage wach will have ever been on. he has never fought a top 20 heavyweight nor has he been on a card of such magnitute. there is a small window of opportunity here for wach that normally wouldn't be an issue. there is no emmanuel steward in his corner or in his life for that matter(RIP steward), his brother has been involved in elections in their home country & he will have a different corner man on fight night. it's highly unlikely the result will be anything but what we all expect but keep this in mind. is wladimir's head into this fight? who can blame him for being distracted? there have been lots of stressful moments for his family recently.....
                    Last edited by joe strong; 11-01-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Jameel McCline had been sparring with Wach and more recently with Wlad. He says the fight will go the distance:

Comment

Working...
                      X