Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward ordered to face the Kessler-Magee winner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
    Ward aint going to fight the winner of this fight. There are bigger fish in the sea for Ward to fight than a rematch with Kessler and a no name irish fighter in Magee.
    What are the names of those bigger fish?

Comment

Say what you want, but a boxer who depends on holding/wrestling to win (Ward) isn't much of a boxer.

Plus it makes no sense to have the super 6 guys continuing to fight each other....like their doing a 'Contender' tour up the weight classes or some shyt.

Shoot, I'd rather see Ward fight Sillakh at 175 than a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
        Say what you want, but a boxer who depends on holding/wrestling to win (Ward) isn't much of a boxer.

Plus it makes no sense to have the super 6 guys continuing to fight each other....like their doing a 'Contender' tour up the weight classes or some shyt.

If I could pick anyone, it would be Campillo. I think he'd give Ward a tougher fight than anyone at 68/75 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Froch and Kessler (skipping Maggee...no one cares), with foreign TV rights, are probably still more lucrative than anyone else he can fight unless HBO just gets behind him with rights fees for anyone.
          I've been coming around to this exact opinion myself. Andre is in the business of making money, so if fighting in Denmark or Nottingham will bring him better compensation than any of his other options then he should do it.

Kessler and Froch do have to make it worth his while though. Let's see what offers they throw his way when the time comes.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 10-31-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

i do not understand the argument that Ward wrestles to win fights. He out muscles which is just another one of the many aspects of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Ward is levels ahead of that version that schooled Kessler, he was what 25? Ward will beat him even more convincingly.

Ward doesn't want to travel because he doesn't want to get robbed, if that Froch fight was in the UK Ward loses that fight by UD in one of the worst robberies ever. Just look at the scorecards from Wards dominating performance two guys had it 115-113 lmfao. And that was in AC.
              You realise it was the two North American judges who scored it 115-113, the British judge scored it 118-110 to Ward.

I love how British judging gets the blame for poor scoring in the US.

If I could pick anyone, it would be Campillo. I think he'd give Ward a tougher fight than anyone at 68/75 right now.
              Like Froch, Ward has shown no genuine inclination to move up in weight.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 10-31-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I suppose that's possible. It won't bring much of a purse though. A fight overseas versus Froch or Kessler would be far more lucrative.

Comment

I've read a lot of the posts here and it's almost 50/50. Some are saying Kessler doesn't deserve the rematch, others are saying Ward should travel to fight.

IMO I think Kessler more than deserves the rematch, the first fight was atrocious. A champion should always get another chance at his belt, the problem however is that Ward refuses to leave his country, in fact he refuses to often leave his home town, this is made worse by the fact that now, Kessler will be very reluctant to take such a major fight in the US.

I'm certain the Dane will take the fight if the money is right and the venue is Vegas or New York. Make this happen!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Why is that?
                    What would be the point of fighting Kessler again?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post

So sick of this nonsense that consistently gets retorted here.

Comment

Working...
                      X