Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward ordered to face the Kessler-Magee winner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Blah blah blah. In other words, you were spouting off nonsense again because you're a clueless race baiting/obsessed clown. Incidental headbutts happen all the time. Reiss didn't cost Kessler the fight though he could have done better. Kessler lost because he didn't have a clue how to fight inside. Reid got warned for punching Ottke in the face. A little different.
    Yeah all those headbutts was officially accidental. Imagine that. At least 5 headbutts all accidental and on top of that Kessler was nearly DQ'ed for holding!

As for Reid getting warned for punching Ottke in the face well thats a myth. He was warned for fouling.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      With a fair referee, Kessler would beat Ward.

this cat is clearly off of his anti-depressant.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post

this cat is clearly off of his anti-depressant.
        A Kessler with 20/20 vision Ko's Ward. Brutally. In my unbiased opinion obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Yeah because Ward should fight ....(INSERT NAMES HERE) .... Instead.
          He should move up. The only name at 168 would be Dirrell, and what the hell has Dirrell done lately? Is he even fighting anymore? Ward should go to 175, start trying to clean that division out.

Comment

Yeah all those headbutts was officially accidental. Imagine that. At least 5 headbutts all accidental and on top of that Kessler was nearly DQ'ed for holding!

As for Reid getting warned for punching Ottke in the face well thats a myth. He was warned for fouling.
            He got warned for a straight right hand that landed around the ear.

And how was Kessler almost DQ'd? I don't recall him even losing a point. You and I have gone back and forth on this before. I think the fight was determined by the fighters. Mikkel isn't a good infighter. He's gotten better since Montoya started working with him. I don't think he could win, but I think he'd do better in a rematch if he doesn't get too old first.

Comment

A Kessler with 20/20 vision Ko's Ward. Brutally. In my unbiased opinion obviously.
              well if the time comes let's have a gentlemen's bet?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                He should move up. The only name at 168 would be Dirrell, and what the hell has Dirrell done lately? Is he even fighting anymore? Ward should go to 175, start trying to clean that division out.
                He just annihilated Dawson! Who would you like to see him fight?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  If he stays at 168 and just decides to be a class titan, Kessler is a good challenger and so would Froch be. Nothing wrong with just dominating a field for a while.

I think a move up would be good too, but he probably makes more against the top guys at 68 still.

Comment

If he stays at 168 and just decides to be a class titan, Kessler is a good challenger and so would Froch be. Nothing wrong with just dominating a field for a while.

I think a move up would be good too, but he probably makes more against the top guys at 68 still.
                    That's true, but he fought these guys recently, and dominated. It's hard to get excited about him fighting guys he dominated in rematches already.

Comment

He got warned for a straight right hand that landed around the ear.

And how was Kessler almost DQ'd? I don't recall him even losing a point. You and I have gone back and forth on this before. I think the fight was determined by the fighters. Mikkel isn't a good infighter. He's gotten better since Montoya started working with him. I don't think he could win, but I think he'd do better in a rematch if he doesn't get too old first.
                      Reiss went to kessler's corner between rounds saying that he should stop holding or he'd be DQ'ed.

Yes Mikkel is a terrible infighter. Ward is great at that. That was the key in the fight. Ward/Hunter had done their homework. I just dont think Ward would be allowed swinging that wildly with his head coming in if the fight was some place else.

I dont know if he is better under Montoya. He is different thats for sure. More hooks, more aggression, more bodywork, less defense. I want to see Kessler tested against a top guy if he gets by Magee. I think he KO's Froch and a Ward fight is no worse than 60/40 to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X