Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward ordered to face the Kessler-Magee winner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    well if the time comes let's have a gentlemen's bet?
    Sure. If the fight comes off, I'll bet everything and be e-rich.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      That's true, but he fought these guys recently, and dominated. It's hard to get excited about him fighting guys he dominated in rematches already.
      Kessler was longer ago that it seems. Each man has had multiple fights since (even if Kessler has had some injury issues). I'd have no beef with a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        He just annihilated Dawson! Who would you like to see him fight?
        He annihilated Dawson at 168, where people are hesitant to give him credit. So move up to 175, I don't really care who he fights. Pascal, Cloud, Campillo, whoever. I'd be more excited about a weight jump than Froch or Kessler again. Outside of Dirrell fighting someone big and showing he should be taken seriously, there's nothing in the immediate future that's exciting to me at 168.

If Froch and Kessler rematch each other, it would be cool to see Ward fight the winner. That would be a good fight for Ward, but he can't do that next, and since Froch has the rematch with Bute next year that's a while from now before a Kessler-Froch rematch would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Reiss went to kessler's corner between rounds saying that he should stop holding or he'd be DQ'ed.

Yes Mikkel is a terrible infighter. Ward is great at that. That was the key in the fight. Ward/Hunter had done their homework. I just dont think Ward would be allowed swinging that wildly with his head coming in if the fight was some place else.

I dont know if he is better under Montoya. He is different thats for sure. More hooks, more aggression, more bodywork, less defense. I want to see Kessler tested against a top guy if he gets by Magee. I think he KO's Froch and a Ward fight is no worse than 60/40 to me.
          He's better inside. He's past where he was physically his best but given all the injuries over the years, that's fair. People forget...he's been around the top of the class for going on nine years. Takes a toll. I'd love to see him get another big win or two before he's done. I don't think Ward would be it. Could have been Bute.
          Last edited by crold1; 10-31-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            If Froch and Kessler rematch each other, it would be cool to see Ward fight the winner. That would be a good fight for Ward
            I disagree, Froch and Kessler are not on Ward's level period, regardless if they fight each other 10 times. This chapter is closed and Ward needs to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Blah blah blah. In other words, you were spouting off nonsense again because you're a clueless race baiting/obsessed clown. Incidental headbutts happen all the time. Reiss didn't cost Kessler the fight though he could have done better. Kessler lost because he didn't have a clue how to fight inside. Reid got warned for punching Ottke in the face. A little different.

And people rarely bring that fight up. You, however, start threads on occasion still to whine about a fight where one guy won 11-0. Whatever.
              What you're saying is, in effect:

"If it ain't American, it ain't right. American fighters can do no wrong. The US is free of shady referees like they have in OTHER countries."

Don't you realize blind nationalism isn't really much different from racism?

If a referee in Europe would have done to an American boxer what Reiss did to Kessler, answer me honestly: would you still approve of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                What you're saying is, in effect:

"If it ain't American, it ain't right. American fighters can do no wrong. The US is free of shady referees like they have in OTHER countries."

Don't you realize blind nationalism isn't really much different from racism?

If a referee in Europe would have done to an American boxer what Reiss did to Kessler, answer me honestly: would you still approve of it?
                I didn't see anything that wrong with Ward-Kessler. I've said that. I've seen plenty of terrible American reffing, judging etc. Boxing has plenty of stink worldwide. I was livid during Agbeko-Mares I for one.

And none of this has anything to do with you again spouting off nonsense in your head (like Ward being with Haymon). Or your silly Virgil Hill thread the other day which you based on Dan Rafael answering a question about an ESPN poll. It's always the same with you. One note and shallow.

Comment

Ward aint going to fight the winner of this fight. There are bigger fish in the sea for Ward to fight than a rematch with Kessler and a no name irish fighter in Magee.

Comment

Pointless fight either way. Kessler ends up beating Magee and I think he and Ward are on different trajectories. Ward is on or near the top, and Kessler (as much as I like him) has seen his best days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                      Ward aint going to fight the winner of this fight. There are bigger fish in the sea for Ward to fight than a rematch with Kessler and a no name irish fighter in Magee.
                      Not really. There's new foes, but not really any big fish for him at the moment. Froch and Kessler (skipping Maggee...no one cares), with foreign TV rights, are probably still more lucrative than anyone else he can fight unless HBO just gets behind him with rights fees for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X