Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto's Coach: We Plan To Use Golovkin For Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say this is pretty bad ass of Cotto if he TRULY spars with GGG. I hope it isn't hyped up to be and just use GGG for like 4 rounds of sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      i hope someone video tapes some of the sparring session and puts it on youtube...
      I don't think that will be happening cause Díaz does like & doesn't really allow reporters or anyone else to record sparring sessions..

Comment

I'm not trying to hate, but Cotto's gonna get worked!!! Cotto's not even a real LMW, while GGG is the biggest puncher at LMW/MW. I would love to see that sparring session, though.

On a side note, rumor has it that GGG dropped Angulo with a body shot and that he really hurt Canelo, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
          I'm not trying to hate, but Cotto's gonna get worked!!! Cotto's not even a real LMW, while GGG is the biggest puncher at LMW/MW. I would love to see that sparring session, though.

On a side note, rumor has it that GGG dropped Angulo with a body shot and that he really hurt Canelo, as well.
          Hmmm Angelo is a face first brawler and Canelo is a young guy so I can see why

Comment

I just can't see Cotto beating Trout at this point in his career. I give him all the credit in the world for taking on the toughest challenges, but at a certain point, size overcomes skill level. Trout is simply too big for Cotto and If trout fights a smart fight and uses his size there's no way Cotto can win. This is the reason we don't see Floyd jumping at Martinez, because even Floyd knows natural size matters at a certain point.

Comment

Bad plan Cotto lol. You are going to get beat up in sparring, GGG is not the man for you bro. I respect the attempt and the strategy but GGG is a completely different fighter than Trout to begin with and all this is going to do is put unnecessary punishment on you in your preparations for the fight. Cotto will end up cut from this probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                I just can't see Cotto beating Trout at this point in his career. I give him all the credit in the world for taking on the toughest challenges, but at a certain point, size overcomes skill level. Trout is simply too big for Cotto and If trout fights a smart fight and uses his size there's no way Cotto can win. This is the reason we don't see Floyd jumping at Martinez, because even Floyd knows natural size matters at a certain point.
                And which ones are those? I swear people and their myths.

Comment

Not a good idea Cotto but if he can stay in there with GGG, then he may just have a chance against Trout. Good luck Bro!

Comment

you are talking about an olympian, a multi world champion, don't cry for me argentina, Its sparring, and a quote from one of the sensai's in boxing - I worry when training camp is going good - i make my camps a challenge or an obstacle to overcome! So what if he hurts cotto or whatever, cotto needs the size and the aggression to feel the physicality. Cotto has to be one of the most underated boxers of our era - Dude can box, watch the praise GGG and his team give cotto - cotto is good / #3 pay per view - if he isin't worried, i'm not worried. You saw the praise Mayweather gave him and his performance against Floyd - Cotto ain't no punk

Comment

Trainer Diaz seems to know what he's doing, unlike a lot of trainers in boxing. I liked what he had Cotto do against both Margarito and Mayweather (Despite the loss), and I have high hopes that Diaz has a great game plan for Trout. I can only hope that Diaz gets more recognition in the following years.

Comment

Working...
                      X