Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto's Coach: We Plan To Use Golovkin For Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They say a doctor once asked Cotto to remove the grapefruits in his pants, to which Cotto responded "those are my testicles". Props to Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic
      Quote:

Originally Posted by jtcs1981

Other than Pwil, what challenges he did not face? He face the 2 ATG of this era and you still btch about it. You know better than that. You are a Cottard and you know it

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

He faced Pac and Floyd. Who else wouldn't face them for the $$$$$? In reality he hasn't really faced the best @ 140/154. He's only fought ONE top 10 154 pounder in the last couple years. Overhyped to the extreme. Yes MYTH!
      Money, that is your take. Damn, 147 Pwill. 140, Hatton, Harris, Witter? Wow, way too many HoF there. 154, he was under TR. You know how it works for them. One of the most skill 154 is Trout. On his own without Prom Co, he is choosing one of the best challenges, but you are ignoring it. Stop your Cottardism. You are worst than us

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        I just can't see Cotto beating Trout at this point in his career. I give him all the credit in the world for taking on the toughest challenges, but at a certain point, size overcomes skill level. Trout is simply too big for Cotto and If trout fights a smart fight and uses his size there's no way Cotto can win. This is the reason we don't see Floyd jumping at Martinez, because even Floyd knows natural size matters at a certain point.
        Oh u the mean size of there balls??

Comment

Cotto has never ducked any challenge..................................except Martinez.

Comment

War Cotto!!!

Comment

Funny how people praise Cotto for sparring with GGG when Canelo already did it but they're still calling Canelo a duck.

But more seriously, why would Cotto spar with a flat-footed orthodox fighter to prepare for a slick southpaw?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Funny how people praise Cotto for sparring with GGG when Canelo already did it but they're still calling Canelo a duck.

But more seriously, why would Cotto spar with a flat-footed orthodox fighter to prepare for a slick southpaw?

1) Canelo just fought someone who's spent most of his career campaigning 2 weight classes below him.

2) Presumably because he got the opportunity to spar with someone like Golovkin and figured it'd be good experience, regardless of his opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                  1) Canelo just fought someone who's spent most of his career campaigning 2 weight classes below him.

2) Presumably because he got the opportunity to spar with someone like Golovkin and figured it'd be good experience, regardless of his opposition.
                  He sure did but I just think it's funny how Cotto gets much more respect for doing something Canelo did.

But Cotto is not a prospect, he's already an accomplished fighter he doesn't need experience, especially damaging experience. Not very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    He sure did but I just think it's funny how Cotto gets much more respect for doing something Canelo did.

But Cotto is not a prospect, he's already an accomplished fighter he doesn't need experience, especially damaging experience. Not very smart.
                    That's for 2 reasons - Canelo sparred him before he ever fought in the US and on HBO(i.e. before many people knew what a good fighter he was) and Cotto just carries more respect than Canelo because of who he's fought and his career in general.

Also, you never stop learning. Regardless of where you are in your career, offering fresh challenges it what keeps it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
                      That's for 2 reasons - Canelo sparred him before he ever fought in the US and on HBO(i.e. before many people knew what a good fighter he was) and Cotto just carries more respect than Canelo because of who he's fought and his career in general.

Also, you never stop learning. Regardless of where you are in your career, offering fresh challenges it what keeps it interesting.
                      That's true but learning by sparring a guy that you don't need to spar, a guy that could seriously hurt you, is not a smart thing to do when you're preparing for a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X