No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Reportedly Tests Positive For Clenbuterol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illadelph1016 View Post
    Wtf some of u guys go and do your research.... clen is a PED! Ive taken that many times and does wonders.. great for getting ripped and INCREASING your performance!
    So does testosterone, especially when it's injected or taken directly via pellets.

Comment

that's some ****ed up **** mein

Comment

I hope the B sample clears him.

Comment

No wonder mexicans are so good then, they eat food with performance enhancers, even as little kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
            I went on a pretty big rant on a different thread about this. I was upset because the "irregularities" weren't being explained. Now that we know it's Clenbuterol I can honestly say that it's most likely not a case of using PEDs. Clenbuterol is a common (I guess you can say hormone) that is used in Mexican animals to make them bigger... FIFA reportedly found over 100 Mexican players with traces of Clenbuterol and did not punish them because FIFA knew about Mexico's use of Clenbuterol in their animanl feed.
            Yeah it appears to be a valid excuse.

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Clenbuterol is not a hormone or something a rancher would give to bovine to bring it to market faster...it won't fatten them up for market...it will in fact lean them up and yield less body weight. It is a bronchodilator...an asthma medication that makes it easier to breath and enhances cardio vascular performance. It also increases metabolism and will reduce body fat as a result. It is used by bodybuilders for this reason before competitions to shed fat...and boxers who need to cut weight. The amount found in a human who would have eaten an animal that did receive Clenbuterol in the unlikely event...would be very difficult to detect in the trace amounts that could be found in it's meat after being metabolized by a human. That argument is just smoke and mirrors...don't be naive.
            Check out this article : http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...players_195167

"Contaminated beef can be a legitimate excuse for clenbuterol in an athlete’s blood sample, the World Anti-Doping Agency said Wednesday, in a decision regarding five soccer players who blamed their positive test results on eating Mexican beef."

"“WADA has subsequently received compelling evidence … that indicates a serious health problem in Mexico with regards to meat contaminated with clenbuterol. This is a public health issue that is now being addressed urgently by the Mexican government,” WADA said in a statement."

WADA says it's a legit excuse. Morales will probably be cleared.

Comment

Clen sucked for me. I never felt much from it but CNS stimulation and the shakes.

Comment

Really you mean to tell me their just getting around to testing morales 7 months after the fight..

Give me a F ing break.!!! How bad does Boxing have to suck before people just stop watching al together ? They can't even perform a simple test.

Comment

Originally posted by mexiking
                  It's a weight loss drug right?
                  Idk something doesnt sound right. Here's what I got from Wikipedia:
                  Clenbuterol, marketed as Spiropent and Ventipulmin, is aÂ*sympathomimeticÂ*amineÂ*used by sufferers of breathing disorders as aÂ*decongestantÂ*andÂ*bronchodilator. People with chronic breathing disorders such asÂ*asthmause this as a bronchodilator to make breathing easier. It is most commonly available as theÂ*hydrochlorideÂ*salt, clenbuterol hydrochloride.

If Morales can prove that he has asthma/breathing problems and get a doctors prescription he can prove his innocence.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by mexiking

It's a weight loss drug right?

Idk something doesnt sound right. Here's what I got from Wikipedia:
                    Clenbuterol, marketed as Spiropent and Ventipulmin, is aÂ*sympathomimeticÂ*amineÂ*used by sufferers of breathing disorders as aÂ*decongestantÂ*andÂ*bronchodilator. People with chronic breathing disorders such asÂ*asthmause this as a bronchodilator to make breathing easier. It is most commonly available as theÂ*hydrochlorideÂ*salt, clenbuterol hydrochloride.

If Morales can prove that he has asthma/breathing problems and get a doctors prescription he can prove his innocence.

Nvm it looks like there's better excuses here lol.

Comment

It's a common contaminant in countries without strict meat processing laws in place like the EU and USA. And with it being a small trace, I don't doubt it's contamination from meat in Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                      X