No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant: Rios is a Good Opponent For Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant: Rios is a Good Opponent For Manny Pacquiao

It can often be a mistake to take things at face value in the sport of boxing, but there are signs pointing to an April clash between former lightweight champion Brandon Rios and eight-division titlist Manny Pacquiao taking place.

On Saturday night in Carson, California, Rios overcame a spirited effort from contender Mike Alvarado on his way towards carving out a 7th round TKO victory in one of the best fights in recent memory. In his first official bout at 140 pounds, Rios showcased a rock chin, deadly combinations on the inside, and the same kind of blunt power that allowed him to bully foes in the lightweight class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Floyd Mayweather is a good opponent for Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Comment

And so it begins.

Comment

Marquez some how pulling a win out of his ass against Pacquiao in November wouldn't just be justice for himself; but also justice for boxing and a punishment to Bob Arum. How could Rios get a fight with Pacquiao before even fighting Garcia, Matthysse, Peterson or even Khan? That was a rhetorical question, I know why. GBP vs TR feud, yeah I know, but Rios is just a piece of meat being fed to Pacquiao. He's so stylistically flawed, it's not going to be a "war" like some TR/Pac fans think. If you thought Pacquiao-Margarito was a war, then yes this will be a war too.

The sad part is, this win will catapult Pacquiao into everyone's #1 spot when actually a lot of fighters can beat Rios. Pacquiao would not be doing anything special. This fight is as good as Mayweather vs Maidana, even worse because Rios just came from 135 and just has 1 fight at 140.

Comment

So Rios is a legit opponent, but the Guerrero/Berto winner isn't???

Pac-Rios will be just like Pac-Margarito, only worse and it'll end in a TKO by round 8-9.

This is like Floyd fighting Maidana next.

Comment

I've been saying for a while, that Pacquiao needs a fighter who will come to him and fight him.
              Larry Merchant just discovered America with that line. Pacquiao needs come forward fighters to look great, no sh-t.

Comment

I dont like it at all, Rios hasnt done enough to warrant it.

Comment

Merchant is biased towards brawlers, what else is new?

Comment

Originally posted by ImFromInternet View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather is a good opponent for Manny Pacquiao.
                    This.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    So Rios is a legit opponent, but the Guerrero/Berto winner isn't???

Pac-Rios will be just like Pac-Margarito, only worse and it'll end in a TKO by round 8-9.

This is like Floyd fighting Maidana next.
                    Agreed, and I love Rios and Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                    X