Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
    There's really no hype or fan base for Rigo outside of hardcore fans, and he has had limited exposure and most certainly hasn't capitalized on what he has had. Don't get me wrong, it's a fight I want to see. But how do you expect a prizefighter to be motivated for a fight that would not generate much revenue? Nishioka at least has a huge following in Japan. Rigo doesn't have a following because, well, it's Cuba, and pro-boxing is outlawed there, so the only way is to defect to the US. You're not bringing any Cubans over. His best win is Ramos... Give him some time because, yes, he does have the skill-set to give him trouble, but he certainly hasn't earned it. He's not high profile enough.
    C'mon now. Like Narvaez or Mathebula had a following and/or generated money or excitement for that matter??

And I beg to differ that Cubans don't have a following... Miami, Fl. probably has more Cubans than Americans at this point (sarcasm, but just sayin).

Also during tonights fight I swear there were more people chanting Nishiokas name then there were Donaires. In fact, Donaire himself really doesn't have that big of a following outside of hard core fans either, so really - I don't know what he expects fighting at that weight.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see how anyone could really be a worse choice or less "exciting" for Donaire than some of his last few fights have been..... and I like Nonito, I really do. But his excuse was just lame IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
      Because résumés do the actual fighting. Got it.
      no i don't get it

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Rigo priced himself out.

///

Comment

Is Rigo really high risk low reward even HBO is pushing the fight he's been on ppv he's got a belt and is the most talked about opponent for Donaire so that point is not really true at this stage anybody Donaire fights is low reward bcse he's the name fighter

He's high risk but also high reward bcse he would have beaten the percieved next best guy in the division but don't have a issue if Rigo has to get a real meaningful win first

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            No, it's not a better fight. It's a better chance for Nonito to continue padding his record and avoiding Rigondeaux.
            It's absolutely a better fight IMO.

Donaire Vs. whoever wins Moreno-Mares is the best fight at 122 right now.

In the meantime Rigondeaux can go ahead and do something in his career and then the winners can meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              They are nothing alike...
              Exactly...

Rigo=Mayweather
              Donaire=RJJ

I tend to think that a fight between Rigo and Donaire would play out like Barerra-Hamed. Rigo could time Donaire and actually throw counters. Rigo has great footspeed that is equal to if not quicker than Donaire [much better pivots]. And he's more textbook. I've yet to see Donaire truly have to box. Yes, he's naturally bigger than Rigo, but I think Rigo can keep all the fluff in check.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                rigo might be a slightly better boxer in terms of a classical style but the point is Donaire is much bigger than rigo and no slouch himself in the boxing dept. Rigo's slight edge as the better boxer wont be able to offset donaire's advantages in size, power, chin, and athleticism.
                Cool, that remains to be seen, but as far as we know, Donaire has a scroll of excuses as to why he doesn't want to prove that and instead opt for the likes of the Arce's and Nishi's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  rigo might be a slightly better boxer in terms of a classical style but the point is Donaire is much bigger than rigo and no slouch himself in the boxing dept. Rigo's slight edge as the better boxer wont be able to offset donaire's advantages in size, power, chin, and athleticism.
                  By what measure are you saying that Donaire is MUCH bigger than Rigo? He has an inch in height on him, I also don't believe Donaire has the edge in power or Athleticism.

I think Rigondeaux would actually have the advantage in both. Donaire has not been carrying his power up with him much. Rigo has proved to have one punch power.

Just because rigo doesn't like to dance around and show off, doesn't mean he is less athletic. If you see video of him sparing and training, and really letting go, he has the best feet and athleticism in the game.
                  Last edited by !! Shawn; 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    It's absolutely a better fight IMO.

Donaire Vs. whoever wins Moreno-Mares is the best fight at 122 right now.

In the meantime Rigondeaux can go ahead and do something in his career and then the winners can meet up.
                    Donaire vs Agbeko = great fight
                    Donaire vs Mares = great fight

Donaire vs Rigo = absolute stinker of a fight
                    Donaire vs Moreno = same thing.

Comment

Nonito, without a doubt, recognizes Rigo's measurable talent. And Nonito being an elite fighter, a competitor and someone with increasingly fewer true challengers - and we're supposed to believe he can't get excited for that??? Simply put: B*ll****. Nobody is buying it Donaire

Comment

Working...
                      X