Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Targets Seth Mitchell: He's Made For Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    fury has beaten several tough journeymen & has already held the british & commonwealth titles. he now holds a world organization regional belt & has top 10 ranking. he also has beaten a fringe contender in chisora. price has beaten nobody & lost his TV deal in england while fury could be on his way to fighting on HBO & starting to get top contenders so why would he take a step backwards & fight price? fury is on world level while price is still in domestic & beating harrison is a good start since he is the toughest opponent price has faced yet & is a former european champion rather you like him or not.
    That's a nice way of putting it, let me try.

First time Fury fought McDermott, he lost. Don't know how he was awarded the win, complete robbery. In the rematch, he didn't look great either and managed to grind out a 9th round stoppage victory. Since then he's had a steady string of stoppage wins over decent fighters and has far from impressed. I don't care what title(s) he holds.

Compared to Price who blasted out Butler in a round, it took Arreola 3. He decimated McDermott in a round, who gave Fury a tough fight and destroyed Sexton in 4. He hasn't struggled, unlike Fury, he's looked very good and deserves much better opportunities than fights with Harrison & Skelton.

Apparently beating Maddalone makes you a world class fighter?

Comment

Fury vs. Mitchell would be a fine fight with me. However, I do not see Mitchell winning this fight at all. Probably the reason Fury wants it. Regardless, it is a decent heavyweight matchup which is more than can be said for 95% of HW matches made these days.

Comment

Seth will beat Tyson but it will be close.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Fury was the first to beat Dereck Chisora.

That's David Haye's only win since he beat the Audrey Harrison in 2010.

Comment

price beat who? fury is on world level now & price is still domestic. this fight will happen when the time is right just like lennox did with frank bruno. he waited until he had a title & it was a huge event. lewis had just mopped the floor with razor ruddock & got the vacant belt when bowe threw it in the trash. he made a defence in england in front of a huge crowd. fury vs price will happen once both of them have a top ranking or they fight in an eliminator,etc. way too early for these guys to fight. price needs to step up & harrison is a good start. mitchell is a bigger fight as price just lost a tv deal in england while mitchell fights on HBO. doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is business not a duck.
            Price beat McDermott, who clearly beat Fury in their first fight. He also beat Sexton (who beat Rogan, a recent Fury opponent) and Dallas so yeah I think he more than earned a shot at Fury, certainly more so than guys like Pajkic, Maddalone and some of TF's other opponents.

The win over Chisora was good but not enough to suddenly declare he's on another level.

Comment

That's a nice way of putting it, let me try.

First time Fury fought McDermott, he lost. Don't know how he was awarded the win, complete robbery. In the rematch, he didn't look great either and managed to grind out a 9th round stoppage victory. Since then he's had a steady string of stoppage wins over decent fighters and has far from impressed. I don't care what title(s) he holds.

Compared to Price who blasted out Butler in a round, it took Arreola 3. He decimated McDermott in a round, who gave Fury a tough fight and destroyed Sexton in 4. He hasn't struggled, unlike Fury, he's looked very good and deserves much better opportunities than fights with Harrison & Skelton.

price has the look of a legit contender but just because he blows out a guy faster doesn't mean anything. fury is mentioned as possible opponents for adamek, povetkin, the klitschkos. he could soon be fighting an HBO promoted heavyweight on the network which would bring him good money & mainstream exposure. so why would he risk fighting david price at this point with nothing to gain & everything to lose? i think price beats fury but boxing is a business & at this point fury is now on the cusp of getting huge fights internationally(he has already been on showtime) so fighting price for belts he's already owed & vacated makes no sense. this is no different then wilder not fighting seth mitchell. both look like good prospects but mitchell has been getting better fights & HBO exposure so fighting wilder is a step backwards who has been fed bums to this point other then beck & manswell(journeymen). when both are highly ranked & the fight is on a world stage then they will fight but before then the fight won't happen. fury has fought in multiple countries on different networks while price hasn't. as i said before get past harrison & then start your climb with better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Price beat McDermott, who clearly beat Fury in their first fight. He also beat Sexton (who beat Rogan, a recent Fury opponent) and Dallas so yeah I think he more than earned a shot at Fury, certainly more so than guys like Pajkic, Maddalone and some of TF's other opponents.

The win over Chisora was good but not enough to suddenly declare he's on another level.
                when i say world level that doesn't mean he's a going to be the undisputed champion. i'm saying he is now on the world stage as he has been noticed by big name fighters, trainers & to a larger number of fans. he was a complete clown for the first couple of years & looked like a sideshow punching himself, dancing to the ring & calling out every HW after his first couple fights. many of us laughed at him but we all know who he is like him or not. he did a good job getting his name out there & now he is on the cusp of getting big fights. price has quietly destroyed opponents but needs to get a few names on his resume. so many here think that pajkic & firtha are bums but they are tough journeymen that come to fight. fury has fought outside england & appeared in different countries with hennesay sports. frankly fury has been promoted much better then david price. fury \price does well in england but not really anywhere else & fury wants to be on the world stage like in vegas & madison square gardens. if he loses to price now he can kiss HBO dates & fights with adamek, povetkin & mitchell goodbye. povetkin has flat out said he would consider fury in 2013. fury challenged mitchell & is hoping to land an HBO slot. what does price offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Fury was the first to beat Dereck Chisora.

That's David Haye's only win since he beat the Audrey Harrison in 2010.
                  Post-Fury Chisora is a completely different fighter.

Comment

i have no idea why they would mention that.
                    I'll tell you why. Because Fury is trying to spin this to make himself seem like an avoided fighter. When in reality he is the one avoiding Price.

Comment

Post-Fury Chisora is a completely different fighter.
                      That's convenient

Comment

Working...
                      X