Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Would Not Rule Out a Sergio Martinez Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 154 that would be a good fight if Martinez can safely do the weight. I favor Martinez, he is the bigger man, is fast and has ability. Cotto has skills and Martinez has been hit when he gets out of exchanges. He is consistantly getting counter if you punch after him.

I don't think he will blow Cotto out and it won't be an easy affair

Comment

Originally posted by panicchaser View Post
      WTF? EVERY?? Fool u make it sound like Cotto lost to a long list of fighters! My man lost to ONLY 2 boxers dogg! 2!! Fu.kk what u think bout Margarito first match. We ALL know how that bull **** went! n as far as any1 in the boxing world should be concerned, those '2' boxers just so happen to be the most baddest fighters on record!! So don't speak on Cotto dogg. I'm sure it musta sounded ****** while u were writin it down, but I guess sometimes it helps when someone else tells u it was ******. I'm glad I could help put u on factual ****!!

Martinez 'will blast Cotto', man GTFOH wit' that dumb ****!!
      i thinkt's more like cotto hasn't had a career defining victory,,you know that big name,he lost to floyd,lost to pac,he got the rematch but against a shot marg,he's good and going to hof,but as far as a career defining victory,no,judah?no way,the guy was on a 3 fight winless streak when he faced cotto,mosley? nah,mosley had lost and wasn't a big fight anymore to me,it was a good win but like i said not a career defining victory,to me a great victory is beating a guy who is considered one of the best at that moment and cotto never did that,he's good but he's just missing that

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        At 154 that would be a good fight if Martinez can safely do the weight. I favor Martinez, he is the bigger man, is fast and has ability. Cotto has skills and Martinez has been hit when he gets out of exchanges. He is consistantly getting counter if you punch after him.

I don't think he will blow Cotto out and it won't be an easy affair
        martinez i think will be very weak at 154,the last time he fought there was against cintron and that was almost 4 years ago

Comment

Make the fight happen but no ppv.

Comment

Cotto is such a respectable champion. He fights all comers. War Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
              Cotto 2b 2 strong 4 Trout, as the bout goes on Trout moves, runs and grabs/clinches more, then vs Martinez , great bout between the2 heading 2 the end of great careers....anyplace but NYC or NV...no way Sergio gets a fair shake in NYC...
              I just dont think you have seen them next to each other Trout looks like he is three divisions bigger

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                martinez i think will be very weak at 154,the last time he fought there was against cintron and that was almost 4 years ago
                That is why I posted IF Martinez can make the weight safely. I don't like to see weight drain fighters

Comment

Seriously? This would be a career ending beating/KO for Cotto. Sorry to say it and I respect Cotto very much but no way this is a good idea. Cotto was stopped by Manny and Floyd came close to stopping Cotto in the 12th as well, and he couldn't even hurt either one. Does anyone really believe he can take Sergio's shots? No way Cotto makes the final bell in this one, his face won't hold up and it will be stopped by the 8th round. Cotto couldn't hurt Sergio if Sergio stood still and let Cotto punch him him all night.

As I said, no disrespect but this fight should not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    This is why I am a fan of Cotto he's always willing to fight the best fighters out there. I give him mad props for fighting Trout he didn't have to but he is and now Sergio.
                    Oh wow,he's fighting Trout. Big deal Trout is just an average fighter. Cotto fought bums like Foreman and Mayorga and no way he fights Martínez

Comment

There you go *****es.

Comment

Working...
                      X