• Show
Clear All

Would love to see Cotto/Martinez.

Comment

When did cotto duck Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        When did cotto duck Williams?
        When he waited for Williams to vacate and he fought Jennings for the vacant belt. Typical of WBO with it's favoritism of PR boxers.

Comment

Cotto could decision or KO Martinez

Anyone thinking that Martinez would just walk through Cotto is crazy. Styles make fights, and in this fight, "styles" might favor Miguel Cotto. At 154 lbs Sergio Martinez wasnt exactly walking through the competition. Truth is Sergio has made a name for himself fighting taller, and slower opponents. Nothing wrong with that, but when was the last time youve seen Sergio Martinez fight a smaller opponent? all of a sudden his hand speed and movement advantage decreases, that straight left to the body is no longer as effective. The angles that Martinez likes to use may not be as effective against the smaller Cotto. Cotto is not a plodder and he doesnt chase. Seldom have I seen anyone cut the ring off as well as he does. Truth is Martinez got KOed by Margarito... Martinez decisions Chavez but almost gets knocked out in the process... Chavez is no Margarito... Margarito throws 4x as many punches from all different angles, and Cotto beat him... Martinez is also not the most accurate puncher, Cotto is more accurate. Not saying Cotto would win for sure, but itd be a great fight... id drop the 59.99 to see it.

Comment

Cottos a warrior so we know youd have no problem facing Sergio. Yet Floyd wont even mention Sergios name, yet here we have Cotto mentioning it, even though he is facing Trout.

Floyd isnt a fighter thats why he dont mention Sergio, even though he hasnt got a opponent lined up. Floyd isnt top 3 p4p material thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Cottos a warrior so we know youd have no problem facing Sergio. Yet Floyd wont even mention Sergios name, yet here we have Cotto mentioning it, even though he is facing Trout.

Floyd isnt a fighter thats why he dont mention Sergio, even though he hasnt got a opponent lined up. Floyd isnt top 3 p4p material thats for sure.
              what does floyd or his p4p status have to do with this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Well IMO Sergiois reserved for Floyd and i wanted Cotto to know that. We know Cotto hasnt got a problem facing anyone. Only floyd has.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  it's always good to point out floyd is a duck. some people forget this and need reminding.

Comment

WAR COTTO!!!! Cott vs Martinez is gold, Cotto vs Canelo is gold, Respect!

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
                      Anyone thinking that Martinez would just walk through Cotto is crazy. Styles make fights, and in this fight, "styles" might favor Miguel Cotto. At 154 lbs Sergio Martinez wasnt exactly walking through the competition. Truth is Sergio has made a name for himself fighting taller, and slower opponents. Nothing wrong with that, but when was the last time youve seen Sergio Martinez fight a smaller opponent? all of a sudden his hand speed and movement advantage decreases, that straight left to the body is no longer as effective. The angles that Martinez likes to use may not be as effective against the smaller Cotto. Cotto is not a plodder and he doesnt chase. Seldom have I seen anyone cut the ring off as well as he does. Truth is Martinez got KOed by Margarito... Martinez decisions Chavez but almost gets knocked out in the process... Chavez is no Margarito... Margarito throws 4x as many punches from all different angles, and Cotto beat him... Martinez is also not the most accurate puncher, Cotto is more accurate. Not saying Cotto would win for sure, but itd be a great fight... id drop the 59.99 to see it.

Listen man...... I respect Miguel Cotto. I mean I used to give him a lot of s#!t back in the days but he is a serious guy and I like how he carries himself as a person and definitely respect how he broke free from Bob Arum and won't fold to get another Pacquiao fight but Sergio Martinez would pound Cotto to the ground and the fight would not be competitive. Cotto has nothing that can trouble Martinez and Sergio is putting beatings on bigger guys and late KO's. While Cotto is a good fighter, Martinez is a great one and he is just too quick and strong and Cotto just eats too many punches. I would love to see the fight but in all honestly..... this is an easy fight and payday for Sergio Martinez. Floyd would lose too against Martinez is my honest opinion. Sergio is bigger, fast and stronger than Cotto and Mayweather. Floyd doesn't perform dominantly at 154 like at 147 so Martinez would be a problem. Floyd's defense may get him through but Sergio ****s and Cotto would not see the final bell. If Cotto/Martinez happens then I'll bet 20MIL e-points on Sergio Martinez not just for the win but the KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X