No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Eyes Rematch: I'd Knock Sergio Martinez Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    No point in a rematch, Martinez got careless and gave Chavez an opportunity that he wouldn't get in a rematch.
    Wrong. Chavez gave him too much respect, and Martinez couldnt even hurt him. Chavez is going to get countered whether he likes it or not, but if he throws punches while being countered, he will walk through Martinez and land at will. Martinez cant even phase him. Chavez didnt realize these things until the last 2 rounds. In the rematch, he will stop Martinez within the first 7 rounds. Martinez is just too small to be fighting a cw. Martinez should just fight Cotto, and move on. People think Martinez just outclassed a bum. I think he got lucky and manipulated a cw into fighting the wrong fight, and did something amazing in dominating, and walking down a cw. Keywords "CW" Martinez did something amazing, just based on the weight. No need to try to do the impossible again. And beat up a cw. Martinez will be the same in the rematch. Its small things Chavez can change that will make it a very very easy fight and get himself an inevitable stoppage.

Comment

Chavez looked he won the jackpot after the final bell. And he knew he lost. Can't take chatter like this seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
        chavez jr. has lost my respect. and after testing postive for weed. pshhh smh
        Sad to hear you don't respect RJJr., Shane Mosley or James Toney since they all tested positive or admitted taking actual PEDs.

All 3 of them were great champions imo.

Comment

If Sergio has 2 good hands, he gives Chavez a career ending beating. Chavez's chin will be his downfall. He will take everything Sergio has for 12 rounds AGAIN, and his face will be pulp. Unless his corner has the courage and brains to throw in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Former champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) believes that he would knock Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) out in a rematch. Martinez won a twelve round decision over Chavez to capture the WBC middleweight crown on September 15 in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]
            There is a theory out there that if there was a 13th round...that Chavez Jr would be so gassed that he would get knocked out himself......I tend to agree......if there is a rematch it will be much of the same, but without Martinez getting ****** at the end of the nite.

Comment

I bet if Chavez would had knocked him out in the 12th round he wouldnt give Sergio a rematch.

Comment

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me. I think people are overlooking the potential damage sustained in that match, when you're in your late 30s those things are harder to recover from meaning he may not be able to move around the ring so freely any more. He'll also be a tad older.

On the flip side Chavez would have the self belief that he can hurt Martinez. That sort of belief could make him more willing to take several punches to land one. Of course that mindset could also result in Chavez getting stopped himself.

Comment

Damn he really must be smokin the good stuff-they say it gives you short term memory
                    loss.Dont think his plodding style can ever beat a stick n mover with skillz
                    The blueprint has been written Jr.-dont run that mouth now

Comment

Originally posted by problem squad
                      nah go bak to fightin bums in mexico chump ass boxer we aint wanna see u in the mainstream no more,,

i wanna see sergio get outboxed by money may
                      Mayweather Martinez is the fight I want to see. If may could outbox serg than he gets my respect. Don't think floyd will take it though. He would make tons of money (not pac money but good money) but don't think he has the courage to fight a guy like martinez who is bigger fast n more powerful than any fighter hes faced

Comment

Working...
                      X