Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Mayweather is The Best, But I Beat Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    If Martinez is too small for Ward, why isn't Mayweather too small for Martinez. Like I previously said, Martinez weighed 174 or 176 30 days before the Jr fight. Ward weighed slightly less than 180. This tells me both walk around north of 180. On the other hand, it is clear by Mayweathers "rehydration" history in his jr middleweight fights that his body maxes out at about 150. So I don't think one would be outta line saying that Martinez and Ward are a lot closer in natural size than Martinez and Mayweather. I'm just sayin.
    Martinez is a real 154 lber. Floyd is a real 147 lber. That's 1 weight class difference. People seem to forget that Martinez fought almost his entire career at 147. What's amazing about Martinez is that he is dominating against the best at 160 and he's not even a real middleweight.

Ward is a supermiddleweight. That's two weight classes over Martinez. And, Ward is a real supermiddleweight who'll likely be going up to 175 in a few years.

Moreover, Floyd has no problem going up to 154 to fight people he knows he can beat. Why does he have an issue stepping up to fight Martinez at that weight? Martinez has never gone up to 168 to fight anybody even though there were many more high profile fights to be made for him at that weight class. That speaks volumes.

A buddy of mine says that you should bet on Mayweather when he makes a fight because Floyd would never sign a deal if he thought he had any chance of losing it. I think that's right. He wins his fights in matchmaking. Don't get me wrong, he's a great fighter. But there is a reason Floyd hasn't fought the most dangerous guys at 147 and 154--he is risk averse.

Comment

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
      Martinez is a real 154 lber. Floyd is a real 147 lber. That's 1 weight class difference. People seem to forget that Martinez fought almost his entire career at 147. What's amazing about Martinez is that he is dominating against the best at 160 and he's not even a real middleweight.

Ward is a supermiddleweight. That's two weight classes over Martinez. And, Ward is a real supermiddleweight who'll likely be going up to 175 in a few years.

Moreover, Floyd has no problem going up to 154 to fight people he knows he can beat. Why does he have an issue stepping up to fight Martinez at that weight? Martinez has never gone up to 168 to fight anybody even though there were many more high profile fights to be made for him at that weight class. That speaks volumes.

A buddy of mine says that you should bet on Mayweather when he makes a fight because Floyd would never sign a deal if he thought he had any chance of losing it. I think that's right. He wins his fights in matchmaking. Don't get me wrong, he's a great fighter. But there is a reason Floyd hasn't fought the most dangerous guys at 147 and 154--he is risk averse.
      hmm why is it that people that don't like floyd always say the guys he doesn't fight are the most dangerous. floyd beats the champions at every weight he moves to but there was always a more dangerous guy lurking. that seems odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacamania
        Real Talk!!!

Manny beats a weight drain pass prime Delahoya and a weight drain, pass primed, feather fisted, flat footed Margarito and you have blind fans cheering Pac as greatness.

Then-

Manny gets schooled by dudes smaller then Pac, like Bradley and Marquez and these same blind fans say, Manny is no longer prime, no longer focus, is on the decline.

That's masterful marketing of Pac from Bob Arum to fool dumb fans into believing such non sense and people still wonder why Pac is still sticking with Bob
        You had Bradley schooling Pac? There goes your credibility, better make another alt

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
          LOL come on mang, we all know that Pac had bigger fist to fry than HOLT or anyone in the lighter weights, he fought and defeated a prime undefeated 140 pound champ that beat K.T. the great named Hatton, and went to the 147's to face ODH and made him quit, remember ODH chose the weight and then went on to clean out the 147's but ONE

That one has eluded him , he has made all the excuses not to fight him, that one is in a corner now, will he do like dumb and dumber when he was in the corner or will he come out fighting ???

So far he is acting like dumb and dumber
          I hope your wearing knee pads with all the slobbering ur doing on Pacduckiao. So Pacduckiao never fought old men (Mosely) Floyds leftovers (Hatton, Mosely Floyds leftovers. He never asked for catchweights right (Cotto, Margacheato, and wanted Cotto again at a catchweights. Real champions fighters at there real weight. Shoot old man Marquez schooled your boy but got his ass beat by Mayweather. Try again Pacfarts are the ****** step child that no one wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
            You don't love Manny,

Manny's not a fraud

Jr is a fraud

I don't take up for Frauds but you do evidently

too bad mang you can't make a statement about your floyd and back it up, its evident that I backed up with facts what I said but you fly off the nice handle mang, LMAO, and can't take the pressure so:

YOU start S### like go offer yer body to this and get a life creep, whats wrong mang, ain't got nothing good to say mang ?

The Fraudweather goes on vacation everytime a major fight could take place.

He did it with Cotto after the Hatton fight

He could have fought Pac but chose wee little JMM

He could have fought Pac but chose to vacate

He could have fought Pac so many times but he has had so many excuses but NOW MANG each excuse is being

DISSEMBLED as we type mang

Jr is up against the wall, hiding with strippers

Pac wants him

Sergio wants him

Canelo wants him

the first two will KO him and he knows it and the third might

I despise a fraud,,,this fraud claims he is the greatest but who has he fought to prove that in the last 8 years ?

Was it JMM

Was it Hatton

Was it Cotto, old worn out Cotto ?

WHO,,,MANG WHO ?

here take this fer yer headache mang,,,,,take two and go to bed
            Ya just like when they were negotiating the first time around Floyd agreed to all of Pacs demands glove size, weight, even freaking 50/50, all Floyd was demanding was taking blood and piss test. But we all know the excuse that came after oh Manny is afraid of needles but has tattoos then goes to fight a punching bag named Clottey I bet you forgot about that right.

Comment

• The boxing world wants Pac and Floyd. But Floyd is playing games and wont fight. So the next natural fight for Floyd is Sergio. Its natural to anyone with eyes who can see apart from Floyd it seems.
              All you hear from Floyd is, "if, but and maybes". He wont give a straight answer as to why he wont just fight Sergio. Is there someone else Floyd has got his eye on? Is there a better offer somewhere else? Who does he want to fight then if not Sergio and Pac?
              What special fight has he got in his mind that is holding up the natural fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                The boxing world wants Pac and Floyd. But Floyd is playing games and wont fight. So the next natural fight for Floyd is Sergio. Its natural to anyone with eyes who can see apart from Floyd it seems.
                All you hear from Floyd is, "if, but and maybes". He wont give a straight answer as to why he wont just fight Sergio. Is there someone else Floyd has got his eye on? Is there a better offer somewhere else? Who does he want to fight then if not Sergio and Pac?
                What special fight has he got in his mind that is holding up the natural fights?
                how is floyd, who weighed about 150 when he won the JMW title, a natural fight for the MW champ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  how is floyd, who weighed about 150 when he won the JMW title, a natural fight for the MW champ?
                  Cause this p4p rated MW champ is willing to drop down to 154, where FMJ is a 2x champ, currently ranked #1. Should Floyd only have to fight small super welters, cause he's small himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Floyd is greater than Pacquiao period. You don't have to like or dislike either fighter to know this.
                    obviously everyone doesn't think so. You are just saying that because you love mayweather like a husband. A lot of people think he is a cherry picker and obviously Pac has won more titles in more divisions, Floyd has done nothing that hasn't been done before.

Comment

• at least sergio being at 154 blocks one of mayweathers excuses for not fighting pac. He can't demand pac at 154 then refuse to fight martinex their. He's probably just going to retire anyway. Zebras don't change their stripes.

Comment

Working...
                      X