Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    that doesnt mean everything, dude

if it did they'd be the same size outright. is that what you're proposing? that they're really only two or three lbs apart?

they arent. one of them is only fighting beyond lightweight for the money and the other has been a WW for half a decade now.

additionally, marquez has tiny little arms. his power is close to his body. mayweather has long arms. those long arms were what dictated the spacing in the ring, and allowed mayweather to be the ring general.

if you cant be convinced then there's nothing i can do for you. you'll find more experts and fans alike who agree that marquez is a much smaller man than floyd mayweather. about two or three weight classes.
    I know it doesn't mean everything.

Despite the fact that Marquez and Mayweather come to the ring around the same weight at WW doesn't mean they are the same size. They aren't the same size. Mayweather is the bigger man.

Like Pacquaio, Marquez is a smaller WW. Both of them could compete at 140 and dominate at this point. Mayweather could not make 140 if he tried.

But, he's not a big WW. He doesn't have 20 Lbs on Marquez and Pacquaio on fight night.

Bigger man? Yes.

Much bigger man? No.

If Marquez were to fight someone like Victor Ortiz at 147 then you would see a drastically bigger man in there with him.

Comment

eating a dozen eggs, throwing rocks, and drinking piss were all a part of his regimen for that fight.

you won't convince him, so don't bother
      Yeah, that's all it was.

Mayweather's diet plan is solely Mcdonalds and Pepsi only.

24/7 = Absolutely everything that their camps consist of.

Comment

• i've had this conversation before, apperently people on this forum think you're not using your size if you dont lean on someone, using your size is also staying on the outside should you be the longer fighter, and if you are the longer, faster, younger fighter, staying on the outside vs the smaller, blown up old man is a cake walk

guys on here just haven't boxed, the distance your feet have to cover on someone who is much longer is sickening, if that person has it set in his mind that he wants to keep you at the end of his jab, you're gonna have your work cut out for you, if that person is much faster of foot than you, then you're basically ****ed bar a ko

the distance marquez had to travel, and the fact that the taller the user of the shouler roll is the more advantageous the roll is, marquez against mayweather was never going to work out for juan

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I know it doesn't mean everything.

Despite the fact that Marquez and Mayweather come to the ring around the same weight at WW doesn't mean they are the same size. They aren't the same size. Mayweather is the bigger man.

Like Pacquaio, Marquez is a smaller WW. Both of them could compete at 140 and dominate at this point. Mayweather could not make 140 if he tried.

But, he's not a big WW. He doesn't have 20 Lbs on Marquez and Pacquaio on fight night.

Bigger man? Yes.

Much bigger man? No.

If Marquez were to fight someone like Victor Ortiz at 147 then you would see a drastically bigger man in there with him.

marquez was 133 in his second fight with juan diaz, which directly followed the mayweather fight.

marquez literally looked chubby, and weighed 142 against floyd mayweather.

their size is far enough apart where they should not have been fighting.

i wouldn't get bogged down in the semantics.

marquez fought an entire career at FW and is only going over 135 lbs because of the money. floyd fights at WW and jumps to jr MW for the money. 2-3 weight classes apart.

Comment

marquez was 133 in his second fight with juan diaz, which directly followed the mayweather fight.
            Ok?

He was bang on the 140 Lb weight limit for his last fight.

Originally posted by New England View Post
            marquez literally looked chubby, and weighed 142 against floyd mayweather.
            Didn't look chubby at all to me.

their size is far enough apart where they should not have been fighting.
            No, not really.

i wouldn't get bogged down in the semantics.

marquez fought an entire career at FW and is only going over 135 lbs because of the money. floyd fights at WW and jumps to jr MW for the money. 2-3 weight classes apart.
            He's been coming to the ring at 147 for a long time also.

Of course that doesn't make him a solid WW like Mayweather is and again, Mayweather is the bigger man.

But he can perform at WW. He's shown that.

The size difference was a factor obviously but again, not like you're making out.

Comment

• Not a great win for obvious reasons but not completely worthless either.

Now I hate Floyd and love JMM - but Floyd basically humiliated Juan. And I don't think its all attributable to the issue of size.

Comment

Yeah, that's all it was.

Mayweather's diet plan is solely Mcdonalds and Pepsi only.

24/7 = Absolutely everything that their camps consist of.

how is it that marquez can weigh 133 in 2010 to defend his lightweight title and mayweather cannot?

Comment

• Floyd is a bigger guy but why he won was not really down to what he weighed, Floyd's big size advantage had to do with height, reach and overall just being more rangy not to mention knowing how to properly use these attributes.

When facing a counter puncher a more rangy guy can neutralize that, real easy because they can play it in such a way that the counter puncher can't really fight back, sure the counter puncher may get in range some times but if faced with a real quality guy those chances will be few and far between.

Floyd is real good at exploiting whatever advantages he has, and he had the proper skills to go along with his physical advantages to really defuse JMM.

What surprised me about this fight was JMM's will, I knew he had a very strong will going back to the first Manny fight but this was pretty much a hopeless situation most fighters would get made to fall apart in but JMM was still trying to the very end and didn't get down on himself at all. Got to love that about JMM.

Comment

how is it that marquez can weigh 133 in 2010 to defend his lightweight title and mayweather cannot?
                    Because Mayweather's bigger than Marquez.

Again, I'm not disputing that Mayweather if of course the bigger man.

He's simply not as drastic as you make it out to be.

You're acting as if Mayweather came to the ring at 160+. As if Mayweather-Marquez size disparity would equal Clottey-Marquez or Ortiz-Marquez, etc.

It simply isn't.

Comment

Because Mayweather's bigger than Marquez.

Again, I'm not disputing that Mayweather if of course the bigger man.

He's simply not as drastic as you make it out to be.

You're acting as if Mayweather came to the ring at 160+. As if Mayweather-Marquez size disparity would equal Clottey-Marquez or Ortiz-Marquez, etc.

It simply isn't.

no, i'm not. clottey and ortiz are bigger men than floyd mayweather.

i'm acting like a welterweight (floyd mayweather,) was fighting a lightweight (juan manuel marquez.) which he was.

Comment

Working...
                      X