No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    That you focus on the size difference when Floyd boxed and didn't use his size advantage leads me to believe two things :

A : you are biased

B : you are ignorant

he boxed from the outside all night... when marquez did let shots go they either missed because he was too far away, or floyd absorbed them easily with his gloves and shoulders. when floyd let his hands go for his counterpunches they landed because of the huge difference in size and arm length.

i'm not biased in the least toward either fighter, and i'm quite familiar with the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      he boxed from the outside all night... when marquez did let shots go they either missed because he was too far away, or floyd absorbed them easily with his gloves and shoulders. when floyd let his hands go for his counterpunches they landed because of the huge difference in size and arm length.

i'm not biased in the least toward either fighter, and i'm quite familiar with the sport.
      The size difference wasn't like you're making out though.

Mayweather comes to the ring no more than 2 or 3 Lbs more than Marquez does at WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        That you focus on the size difference when Floyd boxed and didn't use his size advantage leads me to believe two things :

A : you are biased

B : you are ignorant
        ^ Doesn't understand how size advantages work.

You don't need to bully your opponent across the ring to use a size advantage. Tyson was always the one who was bullying his opponents and he was rarely the bigger fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          The size difference wasn't like you're making out though.

Mayweather comes to the ring no more than 2 or 3 Lbs more than Marquez does at WW.

the size was exactly how i'm making it out to be.

they are very much more than two or three lbs apart in terms of their natural size

they are two or three weight classes apart, especially on that night, when marquez looked soft

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            the size was exactly how i'm making it out to be.

they are very much more than two or three lbs apart in terms of their natural size

they are two or three weight classes apart, especially on that night, when marquez looked soft
            No, not really.

Mayweather is obviously bigger but he's not that much bigger.

Marquez and Pacquaio are around the same size, the size difference between Mayweather and Pacquaio is about the same as Marquez and Mayweather.

Obviously Marquez doesn't have the explosiveness of Pacquaio so doesn't bring the same threat to the table as Pacquaio would for Mayweather but in terms of size, there really isn't that much of a difference.

Mayweather comes to the ring at around 150 at WW. As does Marquez. There of there abouts.

Comment

No, not really.

Marquez and Pacquaio are around the same size, the size difference between Mayweather and Pacquaio is about the same as Marquez and Mayweather.

Obviously Marquez doesn't have the explosiveness of Pacquaio so doesn't bring the same threat to the table as Pacquaio would for Mayweather but in terms of size, there really isn't that much of a difference.

Mayweather comes to the ring at around 150 at WW. As does Marquez. There of there abouts.
              They may come in at similar weights but Floyd is much more natural at that weight than Marquez.

Comment

• **** was crazy floyd looked like the matrix that night....yeah jmm is a naturally smaller guy nonetheless it was an amazing display of defense ,speed and skill.

Comment

No, not really.

that doesnt mean everything, dude

if it did they'd be the same size outright. is that what you're proposing? that they're really only two or three lbs apart?

they arent. one of them is only fighting beyond lightweight for the money and the other has been a WW for half a decade now.

additionally, marquez has tiny little arms. his power is close to his body. mayweather has long arms. those long arms were what dictated the spacing in the ring, and allowed mayweather to be the ring general.

if you cant be convinced then there's nothing i can do for you. you'll find more experts and fans alike who agree that marquez is a much smaller man than floyd mayweather. about two or three weight classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
                    They may come in at similar weights but Floyd is much more natural at that weight than Marquez.
                    Of course. I'm not disputing that Mayweather is the bigger man.

But is it as drastic as people make out? No, I don't think it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konstantin View Post

eating a dozen eggs, throwing rocks, and drinking piss were all a part of his regimen for that fight.

you won't convince him, so don't bother

Comment

Working...
                      X