Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that some of you fail to recognize the insurmountable difference size leads me to believe two things :

A : you are biased.

B: you have never boxed or been hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      that some of you fail to recognize the insurmountable difference size leads me to believe two things :

Size made a difference but that is JMMs fault 100%. It was in the contract that Floyd didn't have to make weight was it not? Floyd basically said oh I can throw out cash and not make weight? Okay yeah sure. It wasn't like the broner thing where JMM had to accept it and agree afterwards and Floyd pay the commision. Putting something like that in a contract is asking for trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
        Size made a difference but that is JMMs fault 100%. It was in the contract that Floyd didn't have to make weight was it not? Floyd basically said oh I can throw out cash and not make weight? Okay yeah sure. It wasn't like the broner thing where JMM had to accept it and agree afterwards and Floyd pay the commision. Putting something like that in a contract is asking for trouble.
        Lol look at this kid

Jmm didn't feed Floyd, it's not his fault he didn't make weight. Making weight is part of the sport, there's no excuse, every fighter knows what he has to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          How much do you think the bolded part affected the fight?

Be honest.
          Well, sometimes fighters weak themselves too much draining just one pound. It could have been the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            well im not sold on that. mayweather usually refuses to weigh in on fight night. .
            Mayweather came to the ring at 150 against Ortiz in 2011.

You're telling me he was significantly heavier in any of his other fights?

Comment

• 2 counter boxers in a fight where there was no wrestling or grappling just pure technique , size had very little to do with this fight at all .

I find it amazing how people in here throw blankets over things like weight , its so dynamic that it must be looked at on each individual scenario , you cant compare going up with going down its totally different , you cant compare a physical fighter with a speed fighter as far as weight , its not the numbers its the effect of the numbers .

Floyd is so far ahead of JMM in skills that at any stage from 130 up Floyd would outclass him , JMM is a schooled taught fighter , Floyd is a naturally gifted fighter that is the difference , you canny teach what Floyd has , its like comparing Alex Arguello and Ray Leonard .

To come of a 2 yr lay off and out class JMM like he did was one of Floyds most distinctive wins , I didnt think any body could be so far ahead of Juan in technical boxing .

Comment

• If weight had anything to do with the fight, it was due to Marquez's weight. He had never fought at welterweight before and he looked slow. He was even kinda flabby in there because he wasn't used to the weight.

Marquez was also out of his element. He's so used to being the one counterpunching and the one waiting that he forgot to be a proper aggressor. Even Marquez said it himself that he didn't like fighting Floyd because Floyd doesn't like to "fight". Marquez loves trading with his opponents because it is his bread and butter.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  that some of you fail to recognize the insurmountable difference size leads me to believe two things :

That you focus on the size difference when Floyd boxed and didn't use his size advantage leads me to believe two things :

A : you are biased

B : you are ignorant

Comment

• great performance. Floyd came off his two year duck and hide retirement of the welterweight division and chooses a light weight to fight. Then it became Floyd **** for his fans for years to come.

Comment

• Marquez got annihilated on footspeed and agility. It was like watching a Lamborghini outmaneuvering a Volkswagen.

Comment

Working...
                      X