No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez-Martinez Pay-Per-View Sold Out, Breaks Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
    It's a good gate no doubt, just a funny little spin.

Here's the link btw.

http://boxing.nv.gov/New_Gates.htm
    Would be a hell of a gate for MMA~ I kid though it will be a good atmosphere.

I just find it funny also, because you can sell a lot of anything at the right price economics 101.

Comment

Poetic justice would be Josesito outboxing Saul on that same night over 12 to earn his 200 grand and a shot at the million buck sweepstakes in a return encounter.

It is unfortunate this has to be Lopez first encounter at 154.
      Therefore the justice may simply have to be a great night of prizefighting at the Thomas and Mack.

Comment

Be real...this happened due to the Mexican! Keep hating fa.g.gots!

Comment

The winner of this fight may be the next boxing cash cow.

Move over Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            That was directed at a lot of people, not Gino Ros specifically. And I'm not even talking about Fighters A or B.
            Fighter A vs Fighter B is the only fight that PPV numbers come to play, here on NSB. There's really no other pair of fighters that people bring up PPV/Gate numbers for, none. There's only two.

I don't know any other pair of fighters to bring up numbers as an excuse as to why a fighter shouldn't fight another fighter. Only A and B come to mind really.

Everybody else numbers are non-existent. Canelo and Chavez Jr is as close as it gets, and it's not even numbers preventing a fight between them. More like their promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
              The winner of this fight may be the next boxing cash cow.

Move over Ward.
              If it's Chavez Jr, yes. Because of his name alone.

If it's Martinez, nope, what's he gonna do? Who's he gonna fight again in PPV? Mayweather, Cotto, Canelo, Pacquiao will all want to fight him all of a sudden? All he's gonna do is have guys like Lara, Golovkin, Pirog, Geale calling him out, who will not bring in the money he'd like, because they're not PPV caliber fighters. Chavez Jr however, would be sought after. Because I know if he wins, or should I see lasts the distance - he's gonna take a beating in the process, a big one, probably even win by robbery. He's gonna look vulnerable and have everyone at 154-160 chasing him, all the top names. He probably even leaves 160 and goes fight Pavlik at 168.

In other words, Martinez is too dangerous to become the next cash cow. None of the guys that can get him big paydays want to fight him. He barely got Chavez Jr, Chavez Jr's people made a big fuss about fighting Martinez for like 2 years. Not to be a fanboy, but I think the only fighter that would fight Martinez from the 4 I mentioned after Chavez Jr, is Mayweather. And I think that's also a long shot, Martinez-Chavez would have to do huge PPV #'s, like 400k+. These are big numbers, it's hard to get numbers like these when you're name is not Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Comment

Wait the PPV sold out?? I didn't get to order it.

Comment

Good news for boxing, but bad news for Chavez in that he's still fighting Martinez.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If Juan Manuel Marquez Had A Pair Of Nutz, He & Erik Morales Could Have Done The Same

Arum offered JMM Texas Stadium in July against Erik Morales. JMM has ducked Morales his entire career. Two countrymen Of Mexico could have had an epic SuperFight staged in Texas Stadium, bordering Mexico, New Mexico and Arizona close by, and blew PPV out of the water. Morales said he was game. JMM said he wanted a lefty Gesta to prepare for a hope and a prayer with Pacquiao at years end. He got jack instead, in July, and thus far, no Pacquiao. Rather he could have had a massive payday against Morales AND potentially another with Manny. Stupid. And if Pacquiao takes Bradley instead, JMM gets hung out to dry. Grow a sack of nutz JMM and fight Morales.

Comment

Wow, that's big. Jr will have all of his fans there.

Comment

Working...
                      X