Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez-Martinez Pay-Per-View Sold Out, Breaks Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys r just going on his dad he's no where near the quality of his dad keep dreaming needing a face in boxing. u just want to find someone to out do floyd it's not gonna happen grasping for straws the best u'll get is broner or canelo and if broner don't stop with his bull **** he want b around long he's not experienced enough to act as he do canelo seems humble and willing to learn look out for him. Chavez a joke that will come to a quick end

Comment

SOLD OUT?....im happy about this, but im gonna be there and i just hope some ignorant fans dont start **** and chaos during or after the fight..seriously

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        This fight did very good at the gate but the spin is funny, so selling a couple extra $25 dollar tickets "Eclipses" the Holy vs Lewis 2 that did $16,860,300 paid gate.
        Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos
          No surprise here. Many who know of Chavez Jr know of Martinez due to their "beef". Martinez has a surprisingly large Mexican fanbase. I dont understand why Lou doesnt bring Martinez over to the west coast for his fights.

I hope you dont think Chavez Jr is single handedly the cause of the sell out, Lopez <__<... Martinez is a lot more popular than given credit for especially out west. A lot of this is due to the fight, if Martinez wasnt there these numbers wouldnt be like this, likewise for chavez. Everybody knows this is going to be a good one. This is a significant fight.
          He trains out west too. I never understood that. A lot of these people are gonna say this number is cause of Chavez. But I bet you a good chunk of that number are neutral fans who just wanna watch a good fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
            The winner of this fight may be the next boxing cash cow.

Move over Ward.
            martinez is too old to be a cash cow and who's gonna fight him next?

Comment

for the first time, I give credit to Arum for making this fight. Waiting for GBP to do the same caliver of fight to their precious Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

I think most people will agree here that Top Stank finally is doing something right in putting Chavez in with a real champ. Unlike GBP is doing with Canelo, If Canelo doesn't fight someone in his own weight class next it will be a damn shame.

Comment

Not bad for two foreign-born Hispanics. Remember canelo is fighting that day too so I believe the fight would have broken all PPVs records.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    very misleading this fight won't come close to the gate of Lewis v Holyfield
                    Well, not bad when both fighters are from other countries, don't speak English, are not established champs yet, don't have enough time on American TV,and another big name fights the same day at the same time. Not bad at all, and will be a better fight than Lewis-Holyfield.

Comment

Two foreign Latinos who don't speak English doing it big here in the states. Much respect to Latino fighters who put it all on the line. War Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                      X