No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
    The thing that stops me from agreeing with this is the constant demand of a catchweight
    Pac said after the margarito fight that 150 was too much for him. He weighed 144 for a 150 fight FFS. How do you expect him to fight at 154 when he cant even make the 147 weight limit.

Cotto or any other fighter at MW is irrelevant. Pac's max is 147 how is that hard to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
      Pac said after the margarito fight that 150 was too much for him. He weighed 144 for a 150 fight FFS. How do you expect him to fight at 154 when he cant even make the 147 weight limit.

Cotto or any other fighter at MW is irrelevant. Pac's max is 147 how is that hard to understand?
      Floyd couldn't make 154 for Cotto either. He didn't stop Cotto from coming in at 154 like a certain coward would do. He just came at the weight he was comfortable at, which was 150.

Pacquiao, if he can't make a weight, you can't make it either.

Comment

Thats cool and all but he wouldnt even fight Cotto at 147.and did floyd make 154??hell no did he care if cotto weighted 154??hell no...you cant say he can beat cotto at 154 if he wont even fight the man there.,.if weight is not a factor then why a catchweight?? and should he be givin credit for a 154 title when he refuses to fight there?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
          That's not the point. Cotto's gameplan against Mayorga won him the fight. If he went h2h against a sturdy 154lber even Mosley had difficulty getting out of there he'd prob get tagged and hit the canvas early. Also. Of course he looked worn against Margarito, he was facing a bigger guy with an iron chin. He's not going to be a phenomenal force at JrMW? no ****. Cotto's peak was during his stint at 147.
          Mayorga's style makes it hard for me to really believe Cotto has the discipline to fight the style he would need to beat Pac...Clottey Marga's Mosley all showed Cotto is not the strongest guy mentally...Cotto would have to out think Pac..Something I believe him to be incapable of doing...

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            Things aren't in black and white alone Bushbaby, shades of gray exist in the world. Any going back to what I said in my previous post, if I believed I could beat someone but it would take too much out of me to do so I'd want to either meet the guy in the middle or walk away and fight someone my own size.

That's why I mentioned the Margarito fight, he beat the man like he was his step son but I don't think he'd be in a hurry to rematch him as despite beating him he took damage that is harder to recover from late in the career. Apply the same logic with Cotto, he mauled the guy and he'd probably beat him again but doing so would simply take too much out of him.

There is also the issue of conditioning yourself for the fight, as things stand he has been hovering around the 144lb mark fighting people around that size. If he moves up to 154lb not only will he have to put on additional weight he will have to condition himself in a way to deal with the strength of a physically bigger fighter.

Age 33 ( or 34?) breaking repeatedly changing your pattern isn't exactly a good thing.

Oh Manny doesn't want to get hurt? This is boxing not politics. Miguel's willing to rematch his punishers and he knows the consequences, that's why he brings his family to watch all of his big fights. He's going to put his pride on the line because at the end of the day, he's a man. Choosing the handicaps and selecting which type of dudes are an easy target is bogus, that's what ****ing *******uals do. Shut ur d!cksuckers with all that salon talk son.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
              Check Margarito-Cotto I then check Margarito-Cotto II

2 different endings..Margarito, the first guy to beat the living crap out of Cotto a few years before that.., and for those who say Margarito was coming on and Cotto was saved, save it, Cotto was practically pitching a shut out, those last 3/4 rounds would have been the same and Margarito's eye would have slipped out of it's socket..

It's not about Mayweather's bloody nose, although I'm sure that's coated with sarcasm...it was more of how Cotto didn't get lured in to attacking recklessly, he played a chess match vs a MASTER BOXER, and lost, but the vast improvement was completely obvious..

Freddie Roach doesn't have that faith in Manny Pacquiao, If Pacquiao goes to 150-154lbs he gets out gunned by the bigger stronger Cotto. Roach knows this, he was trying to get Cotto down to 147lbs when Cotto was already established as a 154lber, why?..and why was 147lbs an issue when they first fought?..lack of faith, and Cotto fell in the trap with a pretend trainer in his Corner, let's see if Manny can pull that again.

It's amazing how people can show so much faith in a man, when his own handlers can't feel the same.
              You can't seriously use the performances against Margarito from 2008 and the Margarito from 2011 to make a case to why Cotto would beat Pacquiao.

At the full limit of 154, Cotto does far better than he did at 145. But he doesn't beat Pacquiao. And anyway let's face, Pacquiao would never fight Cotto at 154, he's not the type of fighter to want to fight a fighter at his best. He did it with Bradley which was weird but he fought to a Draw in that fight.

Anyway, Cotto Margarito II is a poor example. Margarito was shot to pieces and was coming in virtually as an injured fighter who was already badly beaten by Mosley then beaten to a pulp by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
                punished??come on man can you post without trolling?

Cotto boxed more with Floyd and yes at times he did try to brawl which would benifit Manny
                Really? People here cant be this bad at analyzing fights WOW. He boxed more with floyd because floyd is a boxer you fool. Floyd preferred to box himself. Cotto was very comfortable in the ring with mayweather because he was able to fight at a slow pace. He was not being blitzed by combinations. Speaking of combinations what happened when floyd threw combos? Yup cotto was eating them like M&M's. His defense was still **** when floyd opened up. he was lucky floyd is not a high output type of fighter.

God people here really don't know **** when watching fights. The pac-Bradley fight was fought at a high pace, back and forth fight. Cotto can't handle that kind of pace. Cotto does not fight as well fighting on his backfoot he is more effective going forward.
                Last edited by johncods; 08-22-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Old mantra styles make fights. This is a fight Cotto never wins. Gets beat just as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post

Oh Manny doesn't want to get hurt? This is boxing not politics. Miguel's willing to rematch his punishers and he knows the consequences, that's why he brings his family to watch all of his big fights. He's going to put his pride on the line because at the end of the day, he's a man. Choosing the handicaps and selecting which type of dudes are an easy target is bogus, that's what ****ing *******uals do. Shut ur d!cksuckers with all that salon talk son.
                    When Cotto rematched his punisher did he not insist on fighting at a catchweight of 153lb.

Pacquiao has only put down the terms of the fight, if Cotto doesn't like it he has the option of walking away and fighting an actual 154lb fighter.

Comment

Really? People here cant be this bad at analyzing fights WOW. He boxed more with floyd because floyd is a boxer you fool. Floyd preferred to box himself. Cotto was very comfortable in the ring with mayweather because he was able to fight in a slow pace.

God people here really don't know **** when watching fights. The pac-Bradley fight was fought at a high pace, back and forth fight. Cotto can't handle that kind of pace.
                      I totally agree..Cotto's biggest most noticeable flaw is his stamina and to an extent his mental toughness...Pac's style is all wrong for Cotto at any weight imo..

Comment

Working...
                      X