No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Mayorga's style makes it hard for me to really believe Cotto has the discipline to fight the style he would need to beat Pac...Clottey Marga's Mosley all showed Cotto is not the strongest guy mentally...Cotto would have to out think Pac..Something I believe him to be incapable of doing...
    If Pac coasts for 2/3 round after round and throws nothing but fodder ass jabs and wild left hands & combinations against a solid guy he has no business facing at 154 it will get close. I choose Pac in a SD if he comes to work, anything less than that is a liability.

Comment

I lean towards same result.

I think the catchweight had nothing to do with Cotto's performance. And I think the claims of "why does he insist on a catchweight it means he doesn't think eh can beat him without draining him" is completely absurd. Manny said after Margarito he would never fight that high again.

I do think it would look a bit different because Cotto just fights different now. He's using the right hand better and he's got a cooler head on with Diaz.

I think Cotto would make it all 12, box smarter and be more competitive but he'd get caught too much again and would lose a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
        If Pac coasts for 2/3 round after round and throws nothing but fodder ass jabs and wild left hands & combinations against a solid guy he has no business facing at 154 it will get close. I choose Pac in a SD if he comes to work, anything less than that is a liability.
        I can agree with that with any fighter..This is professional boxing and one punch can end the night..But the way Manny fought was due to Bradley's footwork and tactics,something I don't think Cotto will be able to do..Cotto is a solid boxer..But he can't really out think opponents esp under fire..The Manny that fought Bradley would beat Cotto..

Comment

the thing is you can't really use the bradley or marquez fights as bases of why all of a sudden cotto beats pac. BECAUSE those two are not Cotto LOL duh!!. Bradley was very slippery, he's defense was great. And he had stamina to do it for 12 rounds!! Cotto is a better offensive fighter but his defense is no where near timmy's. And you need defense more than offense to beat pac.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            Really? People here cant be this bad at analyzing fights WOW. He boxed more with floyd because floyd is a boxer you fool. Floyd preferred to box himself. Cotto was very comfortable in the ring with mayweather because he was able to fight at a slow pace. He was not being blitzed by combinations. Speaking of combinations what happened when floyd threw combos? Yup cotto was eating them like M&M's. His defense was still **** when floyd opened up. he was lucky floyd is not a high output type of fighter.

God people here really don't know **** when watching fights. The pac-Bradley fight was fought at a high pace, back and forth fight. Cotto can't handle that kind of pace. Cotto does not fight as well fighting on his backfoot he is more effective going forward.
            Bradley and Manny was not a high paced fight..it was a borefest...and he boxed more against Floyd i agree that it was due to Floyd being a boxer but the Manny from the Bradley fight threw less punches than Floyd did against Cotto..thats why i made this thread

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              When Cotto rematched his punisher did he not insist on fighting at a catchweight of 153lb.

Pacquiao has only put down the terms of the fight, if Cotto doesn't like it he has the option of walking away and fighting an actual 154lb fighter.
              He actually asked for 150, with 160 rehydration limit. They settled on 153 lol:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...onio-margarito

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                When Cotto rematched his punisher did he not insist on fighting at a catchweight of 153lb.

Pacquiao has only put down the terms of the fight, if Cotto doesn't like it he has the option of walking away and fighting an actual 154lb fighter.
                Margarito screwed Margarito from the get. He's one to know about about abusing handicaps. You reap what you sew.
                You're right, Pac will fight Tony for a vacant Junior Middleweight belt but he won't meet Cotto at the same weight 3 years later after having just faced Bradley at 150.

By all means, I prefer a different type of opponent for Cotto altogether. You're not directly answering the op. If they find a common ground in negotiations and take it to 150+ Manny will not be performing a post fight concert.

Comment

Margarito screwed Margarito from the get. He's one to know about about abusing handicaps. You reap what you sew.
                  You're right, Pac will fight Tony for a vacant Junior Middleweight belt but he won't meet Cotto at the same weight 3 years later after having just faced Bradley at 150.

By all means, I prefer a different type of opponent for Cotto altogether. You're not directly answering the op. If they find a common ground in negotiations and take it to 150+ Manny will not be performing a post fight concert.
                  Uh, your facts are all kinds of wrong. Bradley was 147, as is Pac's preference. Arum claims Pac is now open to 150 for Cotto, though he did say he's never fighting that heavy again.

Comment

Pac/Roach/Arum had the option to face Cotto at 154, they decided to take a different fight for less money.

As for Pac's fight at 145 with Cotto, yeah Cotto could make the weight, but if its no big deal and not much of a difference then why taint your title win with another catchweight.

Comment

• Manny. Cotto looked good in his last fight. However, If he fights Pacquiao the way he fought Mayweather, he gets knocked out. Cotto always comes to fight, this will be his downfall against Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X