Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto beats the manny that showed up against Mosley, Marquez 3, and Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Yeah that is not proof of Pacquiao not being able to beat Cotto or even thinking he won't win. It could simply be a case of him not wanting to **** around with his conditioning by moving up and down the scale. It could be a case of him not wanting to suffer unnecessary damage, he beat the breaks off of Margarito, it was a one sided beat down yet he suffered injuries sake of Margarito being the bigger man and getting to him in one round.

If he doesn't want to move up to 154lb I don't really blame him he should be a Jr Welterweight and would have been better for his legacy had he cleared that division out.
      ___
      That being said I think a rematch between the two would be more competitive. I'd expect Cotto to box on the back foot and I also think Pacquiao's conditioning is on the decline which is the thing that would trouble Cotto the most ( consistent high pace).
      Makes no sense. None. If Pacman can beat Cotto at any weight & if he believes that like you & all his fans do, then there is absolutely no reason why he should be asking for 2 catchweight fights in 2012. None.

Pacman himself doesn't believe he can win. Otherwise he wouldn't ask for a catchweight over a man he already destroyed. It makes no sense that the excuses keep rolling out about how this great fighter even though he can beat Cotto without a catchweight simply won't do it.

Comment

Manny wins. . . . . . . .

Comment

LMFAO @ the people that voted for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
            what the hell are you talking about?
            basically.. they already fought not that long ago and it was a one sided fight for Pacquiao.

Seems like you're trying to add stipulations or whatever that give Cotto a chance to win, Pacquiao will always beat Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              Pacquiao didnt want to fight Cotto again without a catchweight which leads me to believe he isn't that confident in beating him...
              I mean real talk. The excuse just keep on rolling as to why the great Pacman won't fight Cotto without a catchweight, even though they believe he would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Makes no sense. None. If Pacman can beat Cotto at any weight & if he believes that like you & all his fans do, then there is absolutely no reason why he should be asking for 2 catchweight fights in 2012. None.

Pacman himself doesn't believe he can win. Otherwise he wouldn't ask for a catchweight over a man he already destroyed. It makes no sense that the excuses keep rolling out about how this great fighter even though he can beat Cotto without a catchweight simply won't do it.
                Things aren't in black and white alone Bushbaby, shades of gray exist in the world. Any going back to what I said in my previous post, if I believed I could beat someone but it would take too much out of me to do so I'd want to either meet the guy in the middle or walk away and fight someone my own size.

That's why I mentioned the Margarito fight, he beat the man like he was his step son but I don't think he'd be in a hurry to rematch him as despite beating him he took damage that is harder to recover from late in the career. Apply the same logic with Cotto, he mauled the guy and he'd probably beat him again but doing so would simply take too much out of him.

There is also the issue of conditioning yourself for the fight, as things stand he has been hovering around the 144lb mark fighting people around that size. If he moves up to 154lb not only will he have to put on additional weight he will have to condition himself in a way to deal with the strength of a physically bigger fighter.

Age 33 ( or 34?) breaking repeatedly changing your pattern isn't exactly a good thing.
                Last edited by FeFist; 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

LOL at people picking cotto. Styles makes fights. Cotto fights better against boxers like floyd. That cotto would have gotten his ass kicked again in the later rounds. Pac is a Bad style match for cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Mayorga does not have the skill to attack Cotto like Manny does..Neither does Marga's..Yet with one eye he had Cotto looking worn down in their 2end fight..TBH I have yet to be impressed by Cotto at 154lb...
                    That's not the point. Cotto's gameplan against Mayorga won him the fight. If he went h2h against a sturdy 154lber even Mosley had difficulty getting out of there he'd prob get tagged and hit the canvas early. Also. Of course he looked worn against Margarito, he was facing a bigger guy with an iron chin. He's not going to be a phenomenal force at JrMW? no ****. Cotto's peak was during his stint at 147.

Comment

Manny by ko again!

Comment

Working...
                      X