Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People say Pacquiao lost his aggressiveness because of what they saw in the Bradley fight. I don't know if I 100% agree with that. I think he was more cautious in that fight and boxed more to avoid head clashes. Him and his camp was making it known in the months, weeks and days leading up to the fight that he was worried about headbutts.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      the whole reason you made this thread is to troll larry..so stop complaining!
      How am i trolling??i didnt even vote or say who would win

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
        Check Margarito-Cotto I then check Margarito-Cotto II

2 different endings..Margarito, the first guy to beat the living crap out of Cotto a few years before that.., and for those who say Margarito was coming on and Cotto was saved, save it, Cotto was practically pitching a shut out, those last 3/4 rounds would have been the same and Margarito's eye would have slipped out of it's socket..

It's not about Mayweather's bloody nose, although I'm sure that's coated with sarcasm...it was more of how Cotto didn't get lured in to attacking recklessly, he played a chess match vs a MASTER BOXER, and lost, but the vast improvement was completely obvious..

Freddie Roach doesn't have that faith in Manny Pacquiao, If Pacquiao goes to 150-154lbs he gets out gunned by the bigger stronger Cotto. Roach knows this, he was trying to get Cotto down to 147lbs when Cotto was already established as a 154lber, why?..and why was 147lbs an issue when they first fought?..lack of faith, and Cotto fell in the trap with a pretend trainer in his Corner, let's see if Manny can pull that again.

It's amazing how people can show so much faith in a man, when his own handlers can't feel the same.
        well to be fair Margo had 1 eye in the 2nd fight..Manny ended his career..i mean Shane ended his career..either or doesnt matter

Comment

I would always take Manny,from 140lb to 154lb...I just think he has the style that will always beat Cotto's..If Pac was smart he'd fight Cotto at 154lb and try to stop him again...That would throw a lot of juice back into Floyd Pac...

But I think this fight Pac just has the style advantage...

Comment

What about Cotto with Silver Surfers board?

I think he has a chance then, or the Green Lantern ring

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
              well to be fair Margo had 1 eye in the 2nd fight..Manny ended his career..i mean Shane ended his career..either or doesnt matter
              This^^,let's be honest..Cotto has not really beat anybody at 154lb to be totally honest..The one top fighter he fought at the weight was Mayweather(a career WW)and he beat him in a one sided...Cotto would be beat again by Pac imo,I really don't know why Manny does not try to land that at 154lb...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Cotto.

People severely overlook the state Cotto was in for that first fight. He had his friend Santiago 'training him' and constructing his terrible gameplans, his footwork was atrocious, he was coming off a life and death battle with Clottey...not to mention the catch-weight.

It would be a good fight, but I think Manny would be outboxed over the 12 rounds by the current Cotto who has sorted all of those problems from 2009.
                His chin probably holds up alot better at 154 too. Cotto's size allows him to cut off the ring and trap Manny--he showed in both encounters with Margarito he can fight/box off the backfoot. Against Manny he was even winning some spare rounds doing this on the lederman card when Manny had to chase him. When he fought Mayorga he displayed patience and boxing ability, he was not goaded into exchanges. Dude learned his lesson.

I know it's cliche to pull the CW argument but in theory, if you've ever cut weight for any sport, athletes on here know that after a few rounds of activity or over a short stretch of time your body begins to leak that 'get up an go' type of energy and ur workrate slows down tremendously. I've experienced it first hand when I wrestled in HS, witnessed it in mma & boxing. Couple that in with a guy who already has stamina issues and runs his own camp of yes men, doesn't like to be pushed, and lacked confidence after being torn to ribbons from Margarito...c'mon son.

The Cotto who fought Floyd was hydrated and possessed alarming power. He looked hungry. His D was on point the whole night and Diaz kept him in check all throughout camp and into the final round. Manny on the night of June 9th was not equipped to fight that Cotto, I'm telling you...
                Last edited by Hyper Knuckles; 08-22-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  What about Cotto with Silver Surfers board?

I think he has a chance then, or the Green Lantern ring
                  what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Manny decisions Cotto in a rematch but doesn't stop him like he did last time. The Cotto who fought Floyd was coming forward and the Manny who fought Bradley was coming forward. Manny is STILL a lot faster than Cotto and in a head to head match up Manny's speed will be too much for Cotto. I believe Cotto makes it to the final bell this time due to the weight and having a trainer this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
                      His chin probably holds up alot better at 154 too. Cotto's size allows him to cut off the ring and trap Manny--he showed in both encounters with Margarito he can fight/box off the backfoot. Against Manny he was even winning some spare rounds doing this on the lederman card when Manny had to chase him. When he fought Mayorga he displayed patience and boxing ability, he was not goaded into exchanges. Dude learned his lesson.

I know it's cliche to pull the CW argument but in theory, if you've ever cut weight for any sport, athletes on here know that after a few rounds of activity or over a short stretch of time your body begins to leak that 'get up an go' type of energy and ur workrate slows down tremendously. I've experienced it first hand when I wrestled in HS, witnessed it in mma & boxing. Couple that in with a guy who already has stamina issues and runs his own camp of yes men, doesn't like to be pushed, and lacked confidence after being torn to ribbons from Margarito...c'mon son.

The Cotto who fought Floyd was hydrated and possessed alarming power. He looked hungry. His D was on point the whole night and Diaz kept him in check all throughout camp and into the final round. Manny on the night of June 9th was not equipped to fight that Cotto, I'm telling you...
                      Mayorga does not have the skill to attack Cotto like Manny does..Neither does Marga's..Yet with one eye he had Cotto looking worn down in their 2end fight..TBH I have yet to be impressed by Cotto at 154lb...

Comment

Working...
                      X