No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evol View Post
    When cotto fought PAC at 145 his last fight was at 146 only 1lbs off. It' not like cotto have been fighting at 154 for 4-5 fights then have to drop down to 145 for PAC so the draining part is lol
    I just explained it to you , WEIGHT CHANGES over time , if you struggle to make 146 then mths later 145 can kill you , you really dont know weight and boxing , you think its like a pound of butter lol , well that pound when your an elite athlete and your down as low as you can go , then that pound will slaughter you .

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Cotto.

People severely overlook the state Cotto was in for that first fight. He had his friend Santiago 'training him' and constructing his terrible gameplans, his footwork was atrocious, he was coming off a life and death battle with Clottey...not to mention the catch-weight.

It would be a good fight, but I think Manny would be outboxed over the 12 rounds by the current Cotto who has sorted all of those problems from 2009.
      This pretty much is how i see it. Nothing more i can add to this except Manny don't want to fight him at 154. That says something. Cotto has changed a lot. Manny seems to be losing his interest and ambition, and doesn't have the intensity he used to have.

I'm afraid he might be losing his "spark" cuz of this religous stuff and unfocused and not as hungry as he used to be.
      He just doesn't seem to be the "killer" he used to be. I think Cotto with a great game plan via Diaz could win a hard fought battle.

Comment

if cotto was weightdrained againts manny, corrrlaes was a litteraly a skeleton againts floyd ..watch at 6:00

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post

if cotto was weightdrained againts manny, corrrlaes was a litteraly a skeleton againts floyd ..watch at 6:00
          This is actually a good point.

Corrales wasn't drained IMO and he said himself he could make the weight.

But, neither was Cotto. And Cotto wasn't struggling to make 147 either whereas Corrales wasn't having an easy time making 130.

Comment

Can't believe the poll results.

Comment

If no catchweight or no nothing and they go at it @ 154, I think Cotto does what Bradley said he would do "Shock the world!"

Comment

Also, Manny's attention has been so focused on politics and religion, (i don't think weight was an issue for Cotto in their fight), i just think Manny is losing his hunger, interest and killer instinct.

Though, he clearly beat Bradley, that version of Pac was very different than the one say...that almost killed Margo.
                Last edited by jazluvr; 08-22-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  This is actually a good point.

Corrales wasn't drained IMO and he said himself he could make the weight.

But, neither was Cotto. And Cotto wasn't struggling to make 147 either whereas Corrales wasn't having an easy time making 130.
                  exactly..! and i agree with the rest

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    exactly..! and i agree with the rest
                    The catchweight thing is a cop out IMO.

Pacquaio's win over Cotto was very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      Cotto got kd in the 3rd and 4th with shots he didn't see. That was to late??? Lol.
                      The 1 KD was from Cotto being off balance. Watch the fight over... The 2nd KD is the legit KD where Cotto gets caught while trying to brawl with Manny and turn it into a war.

Comment

Working...
                      X