Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao didnt want to fight Cotto again without a catchweight which leads me to believe he isn't that confident in beating him...

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
      Can't believe the poll results.

it's amazing what happens when you give Floyd a bloody nose...you all of a sudden become this master boxer...a master boxer who would outbox someone who beat the living crap out of you a couple of fights ago

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        sorry , im not into excuses...and the cotto that punished floyd is easier target than the one pac fought coz cotto did'nt run in that one..pac had to chase cotto and still beat the **** out of him, how much more if he did'nt
        punished??come on man can you post without trolling?

Originally posted by puga View Post
        lol, cotto brawled hell of a lot more againts floyd than againts manny...cotto ran from the 4rth round on againts manny..wtf were you watching
        Cotto boxed more with Floyd and yes at times he did try to brawl which would benifit Manny

Comment

Unless he falls off real bad, Manny will always beat Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Cotto.

People severely overlook the state Cotto was in for that first fight. He had his friend Santiago 'training him' and constructing his terrible gameplans, his footwork was atrocious, he was coming off a life and death battle with Clottey.

It would be a good fight, but I think Manny would be outboxed over the 12 rounds by the current Cotto who has sorted all of those problems from 2009.
            Again, these are VERY relevant points. Diaz wil be detrimental in Cotto's future fights, developing a great game plan, and Cotto does what he's told. I'm not saying it would be easy, most likely the fight of his life, just saying now he has a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
              punished??come on man can you post without trolling?
              Cotto boxed more with Floyd and yes at times he did try to brawl which would benifit Manny
              the whole reason you made this thread is to troll larry..so stop complaining!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                it's amazing what happens when you give Floyd a bloody nose...you all of a sudden become this master boxer...a master boxer who would outbox someone who beat the living crap out of you a couple of fights ago
                Check Margarito-Cotto I then check Margarito-Cotto II

2 different endings..Margarito, the first guy to beat the living crap out of Cotto a few years before that.., and for those who say Margarito was coming on and Cotto was saved, save it, Cotto was practically pitching a shut out, those last 3/4 rounds would have been the same and Margarito's eye would have slipped out of it's socket..

It's not about Mayweather's bloody nose, although I'm sure that's coated with sarcasm...it was more of how Cotto didn't get lured in to attacking recklessly, he played a chess match vs a MASTER BOXER, and lost, but the vast improvement was completely obvious..

Freddie Roach doesn't have that faith in Manny Pacquiao, If Pacquiao goes to 150-154lbs he gets out gunned by the bigger stronger Cotto. Roach knows this, he was trying to get Cotto down to 147lbs when Cotto was already established as a 154lber, why?..and why was 147lbs an issue when they first fought?..lack of faith, and Cotto fell in the trap with a pretend trainer in his Corner, let's see if Manny can pull that again.

It's amazing how people can show so much faith in a man, when his own handlers can't feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Well seeing it's almost pretty much a fact that Pacman won't fight that Cotto......................
                  Yeah that is not proof of Pacquiao not being able to beat Cotto or even thinking he won't win. It could simply be a case of him not wanting to **** around with his conditioning by moving up and down the scale. It could be a case of him not wanting to suffer unnecessary damage, he beat the breaks off of Margarito, it was a one sided beat down yet he suffered injuries sake of Margarito being the bigger man and getting to him in one round.

If he doesn't want to move up to 154lb I don't really blame him he should be a Jr Welterweight and would have been better for his legacy had he cleared that division out.
                  ___
                  That being said I think a rematch between the two would be more competitive. I'd expect Cotto to box on the back foot and I also think Pacquiao's conditioning is on the decline which is the thing that would trouble Cotto the most ( consistent high pace).

Comment

Floyd made cotto comfortable, I keep saying this. Cotto looked good because Floyd did a lot of stuff that cotto likes. Cotto has always shined when he was able to get his man on the ropes or fight goign forward. he's always looked terrible when his opponent didn't move laterally or backwards.

Floyd in a sense was tailer made for Miguel Cotto, because his style incorporates a ton of things that cotto has always looked best against. Cotto would never perform like that against Pacman, because he's tailer made for Pac and pac doesn't do any of the things that Cotto relies on to look great.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Same result as the first fight.
                      Do you believe that Pacquiao is the same fighter now as he was for the 1st Cotto fight?

Answering the thread's question, I believe that the Pacquiao that fought Bradley would have a lot of trouble with Cotto at 54. I don't think that Pacquiao is the same fighter and Cotto seems more comfortable at 54 and is better trained.

Comment

Working...
                      X