Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some boxers who are being put on a pedestal but havent done anything yet..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bute before Froch destroyed him

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
      What the f*** has sergio martinez done?
      he was given trouble by Cintron (a very average fighter), got pummelled by Margarito, who was an even slower slugger than JCC Jr, plus got outboxed by an overrated Williams.. at age 38, he hasn't really achieved anything.

and STILL some people think he'd be a good challenge for Floyd!?

Money would **** all over him.
      There should be a tryout for amateur posters to see if they are qualified to post in the Non Stop Boxing board.

Comment

Canelo
        Broner
        Chavez Jr
        Gamboa
        All are fun too watch, but they have fought cream puffs, instead of the best available fighters at their weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Haha.....most people think Guerrero hasn't done anything, how is he being put up on a pedestal?
          Yeah, I know. But he made one and then put himself on it. Title doesn't say who puts who on a pedestal. It's open season.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I haven't heard anyone say he could beat a Klitschko. Just because some fans believe he can beat a legit contender (i.e. Fury) means he's being put on a pedestal?
            Wilder's suddenly being placed on a pedestal of sorts already, yeah, by a segment of the boxing public desperate for a new heavyweight hero.

And it will get more intense with every fight of his now...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              There should be a tryout for amateur posters to see if they are qualified to post in the Non Stop Boxing board.
              lol.......

Comment

Canelo!

A least I see talented in Broner and some of the other up and coming fighters...but with Canelo, I don't see anything special as far as In The Ring!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                  rigo, canelo, chavez jr
                  i agree except for rigo i don't think any one puts him on a pedestal, just because people want to see him fight donaire i have never heard any talk about rigo being a futre hall of famer or of him being the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                    Canelo
                    Broner
                    Chavez Jr
                    Gamboa
                    All are fun too watch, but they have fought cream puffs, instead of the best available fighters at their weight class.
                    Gamboa fought Barros/Salido/Solis/Ponce De Leon consecutively, and would've beat Juanma had he been given the chance to fight him.

And yes, I'll keep giving the Cubans a pass due to the politics lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
                      What the f*** has sergio martinez done?
                      he was given trouble by Cintron (a very average fighter), got pummelled by Margarito, who was an even slower slugger than JCC Jr, plus got outboxed by an overrated Williams.. at age 38, he hasn't really achieved anything.

and STILL some people think he'd be a good challenge for Floyd!?

Money would **** all over him.

Is this a joke? He destroyed Cintron!
                      The Margarito loss was when he was around a 16 fight novice with no amateur experience, two weights below & over 12 years ago, about as relevant today as Pacquaio's early K.O losses.
                      Outboxed by Williams? lol...

I'd pick Martinez over Floyd, providing it wasn't at a ridiculous weight. Only fighter I would.

Comment

Working...
                      X