Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some boxers who are being put on a pedestal but havent done anything yet..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner #1

Canelo,
    Rigo
    Russell

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Gamboa fought Barros/Salido/Solis/Ponce De Leon consecutively, and would've beat Juanma had he been given the chance to fight him.

And yes, I'll keep giving the Cubans a pass due to the politics lol
      yea im with you. alot of people make salido this great fighter since beating juanma so why doesn't gamboa get credut for beating him?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
        yea im with you. alot of people make salido this great fighter since beating juanma so why doesn't gamboa get credut for beating him?
        The only thing that's making Yuri look bad is the inactivity, needs to get back in the ring ASAP. Other than that, I think his ranking as top 5 FW makes sense.

Comment

The only thing that's making Yuri look bad is the inactivity, needs to get back in the ring ASAP. Other than that, I think his ranking as top 5 FW makes sense.
          and the ducking doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            and the ducking doesn't help.
            Yeah, can't forget that debacle, but he was trying to get out of TR so he took a big risk. Let's see if the payoff was worth the hassle.

Comment

Oh and Kell Brook...While I DO see the talent, in his first big test against Carson Jones...HE DID NOT PASS! Time Just Ran Out For Carson Jones!

BUT I do see him learning and improving from that fight...HOPEFULLY because I am a fan!

Also Devon Alexander, I personally don't think he has improved since the Kotelnik or the Mattysse fights, he just clinches more when he is in trouble, but his punches still come up short and he has no head movement and he really has no variety in his Offense, he does the EXACT SAME THING every fight for the ENTIRE FIGHT!
              Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 08-17-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Let's put Broner, Canelo, Chavez Jr, Rigondeaux, Brook, Pirog, Bute...oh, he bit the dust, Dibs, and who else? Help me out.

I don't think that these fighters are necessarily put on a pedestal, but their fans love them! I do believe all of these fighters are totally untested against big time opposition though.

Comment

Gamboa beat Salido.

Broner has beaten Escobedo, Litzau coming off the Caballero upset, Perez, and De Leon.

Canelo has beaten Cintron, Rhodes, and an old Mosley.

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                  Bute before Froch destroyed him
                  He had clearly beaten Bika, Johnson, Miranda, Andrade in the rematch

Fighters who actually have a couple of solid wins are being mentioned here. Stupid boxing fans, worst fans in sports.

Comment

Rigo is understandable.

I'm not impressed by Russell at all.

Comment

Gamboa fought Barros/Salido/Solis/Ponce De Leon consecutively, and would've beat Juanma had he been given the chance to fight him.

And yes, I'll keep giving the Cubans a pass due to the politics lol
                      Forgot about De Leon.

Damn, boxing fans are f-cking sh-t. Lol. He didn't only beat Salido and Ponce, he clearly beat them and they are top fighters. But he hasn't done anything.

Solis was way past it and Barros is okay.

Comment

Working...
                      X