No announcement yet.

Arum: "Pacquiao Willing To Fight Cotto At Catchweight Of 150 Pounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Cotto was not blind sided by the request of 145lb..He knew that was a requirement to get the Pac fight..He was at 146lb for the Clottey fight,which means he should have stayed discipline to make weight for at the time the biggest fight of his career..Cotto knew his job before the fight,so it's his job(he put his name on the contract)to be ready for the weight and the fight at hand..He's a pro is he not??

As for Cotto's jab..Yes it is a very good jab bro..But he has to use it for 12 rds,and like I pointed out conditioning has never been Cotto's strong suit..Neither has foot movement or punching from angles...
    Go do your homework on the bold. Cotto had no choice but to accept the catchweight that arum & team Pacman forced on him.

Like I told you before, weighting 146 for a welterweight fight is not the same as being forced to weight no more than 145. Your argument doesn't challenge that fact. Being a pro fighter has nothing to do with being made to accept a catchweight that everyone claims Pacman did not need.

He did stay disciplined & he did make weight. I don't even know why you posted that. Still doesn't support how you consider weighting 146 with no weight restrictions is the same as being forced to weight no more than 145 though.

Comment

• This is ridiculous, first of all the rematch isn't needed at all, 154 would not change a thing. Arum just wants Cotto because he knows how big of a draw he is, after seeing what he did with Mayweather.

Comment

• Don't want to see this fight again... Especially at a catch weight.

Let Pac fight someone new at 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          I have to be honest here..The times I've seen Cotto fight going backwards he looked to be running..Even in the 2end fight with Marga's towards the end of the fight he looked like he did not want anymore..I like the way he fought for most of the fight,but he did not look good fighting off the back foot late in that fight...I look to his fights with Clottey and Mosley,he was not fighting effectively going back wards...I think Pac is slipping but I still feel he is a better condition fighter then Cotto..Cotto moving away for 12 rds will expend energy..Cotto will lose this fight again(mark my words)..Cotto will be in front of Pac,Cotto is not a fighter who uses angles and Cotto also has poor foot work..

Cotto fought Clottey and weighed 146lb I'm not buying Cotto was unhealthy at 145lb..He just had a poor game plan against a better fighter..Such will be the same if they fought again..I'm not a believe that Pac should be fighting at 154lb tbh..But if this fight get's made we'll make a bet..I'm taking pac all day..Cotto is tailor made for the Pacmonster...
          nice post man. But i slightly disagree with u in the bold. Yea I think Cotto's main problem in the first fight was his game plan...he had none. Just bully, bully, bully and he had no trainer. Diaz seems like a really good trainer and i think he can easily come up with a plan to beat Pac in the points dept. at this stage in his career. Just my opinion though. If its at 154 i give Cotto a UD or highway robbery for Pac. Reason being, I dont know if it was because pac seemed kinda outta shape for the Bradley fight, but he slowed down in the last rounds so i dont see him chasing a backing up tiring Cotto in the late rounds(cuz Cotto will get tired as usual) So i think it will come down to who can last in the late rounds and Cotto was puttin early rounds in the bag in the first fight til he inevitably got caught trading with a monster. If he can duplicate that (minus the knockdowns lol) i really see him pulling it out.

Comment

• no thanks...pointless fight.

Comment

• why not do this in June why now??

Manny should just retire from boxing we don't even want to see the Mayweather fight anymore

Comment

• The response in this thread by the Pachuggers is a perfect example of why these fans get so much hate.

Seriously, if a few pounds is not a big deal then why even ask for them, let only demand and refuse to fight because of it. Apparently these few pound compromise must mean something since Pac will turn down a fight completely with out it. Pac even demanded a 10mil penalty for every pound over the limit!!!

If Pac demands and turn downs fights because of a few pounds and even puts 10mil penaltys for every pound over, how can you say a few pounds its not a big deal?

Its funny to read post that say Pac beats Cotto at any weight while Pac demands special weight consideration for the same guy Pacfans think he could beat at any weight lol......

Lets keep it simple. If a few pounds is no big deal, then why demand it and turn a fight down because of it?!!!!

Comment

• If youre interested in this fight then you are part of the problem of why fights like these are even entertained.

Comment

• Floyd > Pac

for the responses

*exits*

Comment

• I'm hoping he's just setting up this ****** scenario so people stomach a JMM/Bradley re-match better.

Comment

Working...
                      X