No announcement yet.

Arum: "Pacquiao Willing To Fight Cotto At Catchweight Of 150 Pounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nekeneg View Post
    Exactly my point. That people are just nitpicking especially the haters. It wasn't even confirmed yet, but the people on here are getting so emotional about it already. Crazy!
    Do you think people are sick of hearing Pac asking for another draining CW , you dont see a coincidence that they press for 150 now , Cotto has grown and settled into the 154 division and that extra time there makes it way harder for Miguel to get back down again , they know that , and thats what erks me about Pacs match making , just fight them for real when they are healthy , Manny likes his bread buttered on both sides as always , he wont go down to even 144 for JMM or Bradley because it starts to favor them , he definitely wont go down to 140 because he has NO advantage over them at the scales at that weight , yet he has no shame in saying he wants Cotto to drain himself to make a rematch from another draining ,,,,, its BS !

Comment

• the fight sucks but 150 seems like a fair weight...lets not forget that cotto wanted to fight margo at a catch weight 151

Comment

• This surely can't happen.

What a joke it would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
          the fight sucks but 150 seems like a fair weight...lets not forget that cotto wanted to fight margo at a catch weight 151
          That was prior to more 154 fights , you dont loose weight like that because the body changes and gets set at a weight , go and look at his body with Floyd he aint making 150 today without really pushing thje envelope and it could screw him if they get it wrong but thats the Pac plan .

Why dont Pac just fight him at the 154 its the same man and what all this is saying is Pac cant beat him without draining him , at 154 then Pac can say he won a legit 154 title not that fake deal he has .

I would have loved Pac to fight both ODH and Cotto at a healthy NON drained weight that Floyd fought them at , Oscar is done but a Cotto 154 can be made , but Pac wont lol .

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Do you think people are sick of hearing Pac asking for another draining CW , you dont see a coincidence that they press for 150 now , Cotto has grown and settled into the 154 division and that extra time there makes it way harder for Miguel to get back down again , they know that , and thats what erks me about Pacs match making , just fight them for real when they are healthy , Manny likes his bread buttered on both sides as always , he wont go down to even 144 for JMM or Bradley because it starts to favor them , he definitely wont go down to 140 because he has NO advantage over them at the scales at that weight , yet he has no shame in saying he wants Cotto to drain himself to make a rematch from another draining ,,,,, its BS !
            Didn't Cotto try to fight Margo at 150 or something? But okay, whatever fits your agenda. Right now you're just wasting your energy hating, because this isn't even confirm yet. I suggest you save the hating for when it's confirmed. I'll even join you p*ssing on this fight.

IMO, Pac vs Cotto at whatever weight is a garbage fight. PERIOD.

Comment

Didn't Cotto try to fight Margo at 150? But okay, whatever fits your agenda. Right now you're just wasting your energy hating, because this isn't even confirm yet. I suggest you save the hating for when it's confirmed. I'll even join you p*ssing on this fight.

Not only that, he wanted a rehydration clause, at 160 lol. He might as well go back down to welter.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...onio-margarito

Comment

Didn't Cotto try to fight Margo at 150 or something? But okay, whatever fits your agenda. Right now you're just wasting your energy hating, because this isn't even confirm yet. I suggest you save the hating for when it's confirmed. I'll even join you p*ssing on this fight.

My agenda is I know weight , I hate draining CWs and its not my fault Pac always wants them , thats the only hate I put on Pac , his constant manipulating of weight to his advantage ,,,,

Cotto fought Pauli at 140 can he do it today , apply that to Margo because as I said the time and extra fights at 154 and the new training has set his body differently than it was a year or 2 ago ,, learn body weight with fighters and you will understand .

Comment

• Oh my... Why the catch weight? Arum and Pac are ridiculous with this crap. So does that make Pacquiao is inferior because Mayweather fought him without the catchweight?

Comment

• This **** aside atleast bob is closing out the year with some very good fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                      As far as cotto is concerned, i would agree that he is not the brawler/fighter that he used to be, breaking peoples wills. But i do believe him to be a better boxer nowadays. Being a brawler/fighter against pacquiao, trying to impose his will only spells trouble imo. And while cotto has probably lost a step to some degree, i believe manny to have lost a slightly bigger step. Cotto has the boxing skills that he can rely on, while pac was more of a genetic fighting freak. Once pac loses his step as being a fighting freak, he is in worse shape than somebody like cotto. Similar scenario with the likes of hopkins and jones jr imo.

Pacquiao's recent performances against those opponents ties into what im saying, as far as the style/strategy that cotto should be going in with. Last fight, cotto simply tried imposing his size and will on pac. It didnt turn out well, and he got caught bad. If cotto's goes in with the mindset of staying back and outboxing pac in the long run, then i see him doing much better (like marquez and bradley did later in his fight.) As far as pacquiaos last couple of fights, its gotten to the point that im not even sure if he can fight a full round, for 12 rounds.

i could be wrong of course, but one thing im fairly sure of is pacquiao is not the beast that he was in '09. Ultimately, i see cotto having the boxing skills to give pac trouble, moreso than bradley
                      I don't see Cotto as a fighter who can fight anything like Bradley or Marquez..When Cotto is on the back foot he usually is not boxing effectively..He is just avoiding(plain and simple)..I could be wrong but I've never seen an example of Cotto boxing off the back foot effectively...

Comment

Working...
                      X