No announcement yet.

Arum: "Pacquiao Willing To Fight Cotto At Catchweight Of 150 Pounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Nope, Cotto moves well. Pacman now only fights in spurts. Cotto has a very good jab, effective against the likes of Pacman. I see Cotto easily outboxing Pacman while on the move. (Note, Pacman fans will call it running). While Cotto outboxes him easy.

Furthermore I don't see why people always say Pacman beats Cotto at any weight without asking themselves why he keeps on requesting stipulations in weight. Then those Pacman fans say well he already said he isn't fighting above 147. Ok then, but stop calling out Cotto then. He's done it twice this year & twice he wanted catchweights. He wants them because he knows he can't beat a healthy Miguel.

I have to be honest here..The times I've seen Cotto fight going backwards he looked to be running..Even in the 2end fight with Marga's towards the end of the fight he looked like he did not want anymore..I like the way he fought for most of the fight,but he did not look good fighting off the back foot late in that fight...I look to his fights with Clottey and Mosley,he was not fighting effectively going back wards...I think Pac is slipping but I still feel he is a better condition fighter then Cotto..Cotto moving away for 12 rds will expend energy..Cotto will lose this fight again(mark my words)..Cotto will be in front of Pac,Cotto is not a fighter who uses angles and Cotto also has poor foot work..

Cotto fought Clottey and weighed 146lb I'm not buying Cotto was unhealthy at 145lb..He just had a poor game plan against a better fighter..Such will be the same if they fought again..I'm not a believe that Pac should be fighting at 154lb tbh..But if this fight get's made we'll make a bet..I'm taking pac all day..Cotto is tailor made for the Pacmonster...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      I have to be honest here..The times I've seen Cotto fight going backwards he looked to be running..Even in the 2end fight with Marga's towards the end of the fight he looked like he did not want anymore..I like the way he fought for most of the fight,but he did not look good fighting off the back foot late in that fight...I look to his fights with Clottey and Mosley,he was not fighting effectively going back wards...I think Pac is slipping but I still feel he is a better condition fighter then Cotto..Cotto moving away for 12 rds will expend energy..Cotto will lose this fight again(mark my words)..Cotto will be in front of Pac,Cotto is not a fighter who uses angles and Cotto also has poor foot work..

Cotto fought Clottey and weighed 146lb I'm not buying Cotto was unhealthy at 145lb..He just had a poor game plan against a better fighter..Such will be the same if they fought again..I'm not a believe that Pac should be fighting at 154lb tbh..But if this fight get's made we'll make a bet..I'm taking pac all day..Cotto is tailor made for the Pacmonster...
      I agree with this 100%

Comment

• oh, but 4 lbs will drain this natural WW so!

woe is me

#complaints

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I agree with this 100%
          the best way to beat miguel cotto?

rock his world and he'll start to cower.

Comment

When Cotto moves & pumps the jab, it's a thing of beauty. But the bold bro. I consider you an educated boxing fan so I know you don't mean that.

Lets understand 1 thing, for the Clottey fight Cotto was on schedule with his weight loss & just happened to weight in just under the limit. That is not the same as being forced to weight no more than 145 bro. That changes schedule, changes diet, forces him to be even less hydrated than needed for the limit. But you know that. Weighting in at 146 for a scheduled 147lb match is not the same as being forced to weight no more than 145. Another factor to take into consideration was the fact that team Pacman requested the catchweight. If it meant nothing, (then why oh why was it necessary)?

Comment

• Both at 200lbs and I'll watch!!! If Manny and Floyd don't fight each other I will NOT watch them fight again unless they fight the Young Lions coming and thats not gonna happen either.

Its time for the new fellows to take over and Manny can go back to the Island and try to help his people and Floyd could try to figure out how to live like an adult!! Bored with both of these guys!! The great fighters from years gone by fought past their prime to earn money to live, these guys have all the money to live in luxury so all the rest is just greed now, just like the promotors!! Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                When Cotto moves & pumps the jab, it's a thing of beauty. But the bold bro. I consider you an educated boxing fan so I know you don't mean that.

Lets understand 1 thing, for the Clottey fight Cotto was on schedule with his weight loss & just happened to weight in just under the limit. That is not the same as being forced to weight no more than 145 bro. That changes schedule, changes diet, forces him to be even less hydrated than needed for the limit. But you know that. Weighting in at 146 for a scheduled 147lb match is not the same as being forced to weight no more than 145. Another factor to take into consideration was the fact that team Pacman requested the catchweight. If it meant nothing, (then why oh why was it necessary)?
                Cotto was not blind sided by the request of 145lb..He knew that was a requirement to get the Pac fight..He was at 146lb for the Clottey fight,which means he should have stayed discipline to make weight for at the time the biggest fight of his career..Cotto knew his job before the fight,so it's his job(he put his name on the contract)to be ready for the weight and the fight at hand..He's a pro is he not??

As for Cotto's jab..Yes it is a very good jab bro..But he has to use it for 12 rds,and like I pointed out conditioning has never been Cotto's strong suit..Neither has foot movement or punching from angles...

Comment

Cotto can fight off the back foot effectively enough and he finally seems to get the concept of turning the opponent and not back straight up. Vs Margo I and Pacquiao, he did run. He was not fighting to win, but to survive. Mosley, Clottey, and Margarito II, he clinched his victories over Clottey and Mosley in the late rounds. Margo was getting beaten from bell to bell. His corner was terrible that night, a bigger reason he lost then the weight IMO, but why make him weigh a CW if it didn't affect him? He and Marquez are the only WW's that Pacquiao has made come to a catchweight. Coincidence? At 154, Cotto can win this fight. It won't be easy, but he can do it.

Comment

• Cotto will be the aggressor with Pac at 154 , his resistance power and endurance ALL GO UP from the 145 Cotto , his new trainer can get him shape , real shape , funny how you guys can only see the 145 version that came oif a career stopping cheat beating , its a different animal in Cotto today and I would bet good money that the 154 Cotto that Floyd fought would stop Manny , and Im not talking points but real money .

Comment

Cotto was not blind sided by the request of 145lb..He knew that was a requirement to get the Pac fight..He was at 146lb for the Clottey fight,which means he should have stayed discipline to make weight for at the time the biggest fight of his career..Cotto knew his job before the fight,so it's his job(he put his name on the contract)to be ready for the weight and the fight at hand..He's a pro is he not??

As for Cotto's jab..Yes it is a very good jab bro..But he has to use it for 12 rds,and like I pointed out conditioning has never been Cotto's strong suit..Neither has foot movement or punching from angles...
                      Go do your homework on the bold. Cotto had no choice but to accept the catchweight that arum & team Pacman forced on him.

Like I told you before, weighting 146 for a welterweight fight is not the same as being forced to weight no more than 145. Your argument doesn't challenge that fact. Being a pro fighter has nothing to do with being made to accept a catchweight that everyone claims Pacman did not need.

He did stay disciplined & he did make weight. I don't even know why you posted that. Still doesn't support how you consider weighting 146 with no weight restrictions is the same as being forced to weight no more than 145 though.

Comment

Working...
                      X