No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard : I coulda beat Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
    Tranquilo, Mike D and Maniac. I made a pretty objective analyisis based on the actual topic of the thread, which you seem to keep wanting to stray from. What are your opinions on Pacquiao vs Leonard?

Give us your analyses on on how they match up.
    I'd go Sugar by way of decision. And this would be assuming both of them at their peaks. I don't think it would be a blowout...Manny Pacquiao at the top of his game was a monster. I'd probably guess something like 8-4 or 7-5 Sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by tranquilo View Post
      lmao when all else fails call them a P@CTARD!!

I've shown disgust to all you bum sniffing fanboys of Mayweather and Pac. Get off the **** you pathetic loser.

PS your hero SRL says Pac would beat Floyd lol. That must burn.
      srl isn't my hero....i was never a fan of him. i just know he'd beat the living dog crap outta pacroid if they ever fought. he's an admitted opportunist(fighting duran and hagler at their weakest points) and a drug-test dodger just like pacroid so i see why he sympathizes with pacroid. so you're not a p@ctard...so what? you're an idiot.....which is pretty much the same thing.

Comment

Tranquilo, Mike D and Maniac. I made a pretty objective analyisis based on the actual topic of the thread, which you seem to keep wanting to stray from. What are your opinions on Pacquiao vs Leonard?

Give us your analyses on on how they match up.
        BTW I thought your analysis was very well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
          srl isn't my hero....i was never a fan of him. i just know he'd beat the living dog crap outta pacroid if they ever fought. he's an admitted opportunist(fighting duran and hagler at their weakest points) and a drug-test dodger just like pacroid so i see why he sympathizes with pacroid. so you're not a p@ctard...so what? you're an idiot.....which is pretty much the same thing.
          Again, it pains you to see SRL give Pacquiao the edge, and making fun of Mayweather for ducking. You can't stand it, you don't know what to do with yourself at this point.

Stop sniffing bums, it's not a good look.

Comment

• Originally posted by tranquilo View Post
            Again, it pains you to see SRL give Pacquiao the edge, and making fun of Mayweather for ducking. You can't stand it, you don't know what to do with yourself at this point.

Stop sniffing bums, it's not a good look.
            again......his opinion means nothing to me. i could really careless....the nerve of you calling someone a bum sniffer. you idiots are the ones who started talking about floyd...you haters sniff more mayweather ass than ellerbe.

Comment

• Cool, Mike D. I don't think it would be a stroll in the park, but I think the defeat would be heavy. If Marquez could make Manny struggle, life and death three times, I think Leonard with greater physical gifts, more power as well as equal fundamentals would do better, prime for prime. I know triangle theories aren't the best way to look at things, but without the prospect of them fighting, I can't use a better way. Manny at his peak was indeed a monster- but always with the right type of opponent. He has ALWAYS looked less so when he's been boxed.

8 rounds to 4 at least for Loenard, likely a 9 to 3 score.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                sniff more mayweather ass than ellerbe.
                case in point

Comment

• Mike D, at least, has shown sense and boxing knowledge. Waiting for Maniac and Tranquilo to do the same..................

Comment

Cool, Mike D. I don't think it would be a stroll in the park, but I think the defeat would be heavy. If Marquez could make Manny struggle, life and death three times, I think Leonard with greater physical gifts, more power as well as equal fundamentals would do better, prime for prime. I know triangle theories aren't the best way to look at things, but without the prospect of them fighting, I can't use a better way. Manny at his peak was indeed a monster- but always with the right type of opponent. He has ALWAYS looked less so when he's been boxed.

8 rounds to 4 at least for Loenard, likely a 9 to 3 score.
                    Well one thing I know about you Marv -- you present quite the argument. It's difficult for me to disagree with any of that. Going back to your initial comparison, which was a virtual scouting report on Sugar & Manny (again, very well done), and now this last post -- I would probably have to amend my first stance to now leaning towards something along the lines of 9-3 as well. As much of a monster as Pac was back during his peak, facing a prime Sugar Ray Leonard would likely be just too immense of a task (and even more importantly a bad match up). And that's no disrespect to Pacquiao...but instead just a tribute to how good Sugar was. So yeah, on hindsight, Manny's weaknesses combined with Ray's strengths makes for a bad situation for Pac.

I could still see a prime Pacquiao find a way, somehow, someway -- to steal enough rounds to add up to 5...but I agree that 9-3 would be much more likely.

Comment

• I have never heard a retired boxer say he would lose to any active fighter. The fact that Leonard, Whitaker and others make a point of saying they would beat Pacquiao shows what a good fighter he is.Has Leonard ever said he would have lost to any fighter past or present? He was only a year older than Pacquiao is now when he lost every round to Terry Norris and was knocked down twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X