Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
    How are you still waiting, when you havent even asked me that question??? SMH. But here it is, prime Cotto, when the money and timing was at its all time peak, prime Paul Williams, prime Maragrito, still game Shane Msoley, Kermit Cintron, not fight Hatton at 147, fight Marquez at 140, Joel Casamayor (although many believe casamayor was ducking Floyd). Even a guy like Luis Callazo would've been a good fight. Not retire from boxing when the WW division was hot. Comes back and fights a blown up Marquez and still doesnt make weight. Come on son. Fights Gatti as his first 140 lb. fight? Fights Baldomir, because he was the lineal??? Man please, thats like Hopkins ducking Dawson/Pascal/Tarver because that one bum I cant name was the lineal champ at LHW.
    This is pathetic......
    But I'll do this just for fun.

Cotto.....just admitted that he never pushed for a Mayweather fight and was a top rank fighter at the time. Once he left top rank the fight happened.
    Also when they finally fought...both were a little past their primes not just Cotto.

Paul Williams.....was managed by the same guy that manages Floyd. Now tell me what Al Hayman fighter fought another Al Hayman fighter? NONE

Shane Mosley ........who had teeth problems and ducked Floyd on national TV. He also asked for 10million to fight Floyd when both were no names.
    This is a fact . Mosley was chasing the money and moved up to fight delahoya.

Kermit Cintron......Are you serious? I will act like you didn't write his name on the list.

Hatton....wanted to win the p4p and welterwight title so he moved up.
    Was Floyd not trying to fight Hatton at 140 but was told hatton wasn't ready?
    This to is a fact.

Marquez......I'll just say this......After watching what Mayweather did to Marquez i would bet all i have that Floyd beats his ass at any weight. Lets move on.

Casamayor........yes he ducked floyd at 130.

Callazo.......Again.....are you serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
      You can't fool me so stop.....You are a hater.

You say Floyd didn't fight these guys.......but turn around and say (did I present any reason what so ever for the fights not happening.

How can you claim that these fighters are the best when they didn't fight a prime mayweather?

Hello did I confuse you? I'll say it again

How can you claim that these fighters are the best when they didn't fight a prime mayweather?

It goes both ways Mr. so called realist lol.
      Your logic is flawed I suspect you are simple minded.

The guys I listed are widely regarded as some of the best in the era in there primes Floyd didn't fight any of them in there prime these are simple facts Floyds resume is pretty average this is not hate it's an opinion and a widely excepted opinion at that.

Sorry if the truth hurts you fanboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Name the lengthy list of fighters who have a better resume than Floyd, and who would beat Floyd head to head.

Also, name the best fighters in Floyds era that he may have not beaten.
        Duran
        Hearns
        Leonard
        Robinson
        Benitez
        Armstrong
        Pryor

Just off the bat by no means a complete list a lot more names could be added all have better resumes all would beat Floyd imo.

Comment

• no it's not, his legacy is already set
          he was a prime beast at lower weights, then a bitch as a superstar
          has nothing to do with potential GOAT status, he's nowhere close

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            no it's not, his legacy is already set
            he was a prime beast at lower weights, then a bitch as a superstar
            has nothing to do with potential GOAT status, he's nowhere close
            Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              Your logic is flawed I suspect you are simple minded.

The guys I listed are widely regarded as some of the best in the era in there primes Floyd didn't fight any of them in there prime these are simple facts Floyds resume is pretty average this is not hate it's an opinion and a widely excepted opinion at that.

Sorry if the truth hurts you fanboys.
              Where are the names Mr. Realist?
              I didn't see any names.

Maybe i missed it. What page is it on.

And your still just a hater. You post no facts just your opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                You're killing your own argument...
                You're basically agreeing with me, but you keep stepping on your own toes.
                Lebron can be bigger, stronger and faster, but when you remove all that and just get to "Basketball" his flaws are obvious. his abilities do not match his skill, it only masks his lack of basketball IQ.
                Lebron will not outlast Kobe, so just cuz LBJ is stronger does that mean he's better over all?
                Actually you and the TS are wrong here. Lebron clearly has a higher basketball IQ than Kobe does. His passing and overall playmaking for others puts him over Kobe. Without the supreme athleticism Lebron is Magic.

Comment

• Dont argue with haters. None of these lames would dare step in the ring with him and some of them is probably bigger and still get their asses beat severely

U mad?

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                    Where are the names Mr. Realist?
                    I didn't see any names.

Maybe i missed it. What page is it on.

And your still just a hater. You post no facts just your opinions.
                    Yes you are obviously slow as you already replied to the post in which I named some top fighters Floyd never fought and you came back with some infantile talk of me being a hater and saying Floyd didn't duck blah blah. Lol child.

Comment

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
                      Fool, youd agree with someone if they said Floyd beats a silver back Gorilla. Nut rider extraordinaire.
                      Ok. I'm going to stop you right there. Gambler isn't a nuthugger. He's a fan of current boxing pure and simple and simply doesn't care about fighters who are no longer active. Once a fighter is in the past he no longer matters to him. While I don't agree with that perspective it is what is and it doesn't make him a nuthugger. Mayweather is the best fighter right now and that's all that really matters to Gambler.

Oh, and btw, skills ***** athleticism in practically every sport other than track and field and this is especially true in boxing so that earlier assertion of yours is just flat out wrong.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X