Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
    See that last sentence told me all i needed to know about you.
    You are just another Floyd hater.

Floyd has beat the best in his era.
    Name these (so called best fighters of Floyds era) that he ducked.

Please don't name the Top Rank Fighters like Pac, clottey,Margarito.
    We all should know by now why those fights really didn't happen.

You can't blame floyd and only Floyd.
    I'm not a hater I'm a realist your over defensive post strongly hints at you being a fanboy.

Who said anything about ducking did I present any reason what so ever for the fights not I happening. The fact is he didn't fight prime Mosley,Tszyu, Cotto, Pac etc who where some of the best in his era Floyd's resume is pretty average. For the record I think Floyd beats all of them apart from maybe Mosley however they never fought in there primes so who knows.
    Last edited by -Lowkey-; 08-04-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
      Oh so you watched the Sugar Ray Robinson: The Bright Lights and Dark Shadows of a Champion. How awesome of you, had to dig that deep to name a fighter he ducked when he was way past prime? Come on man, Floyd takes ducking to the GOAT levels.
      Yea I have but certainly ain't what I base my opinion off of~ or why I brought that up. I liked the book "Being Sugar Ray" better. I do actually know about his career because I got interested in him and made it my business to find out all I could. He is just a man like any other, he isn't a breed apart~ so quit talking about him because you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

I don't see an answer to my question in there~ I see you making excuses

Comment

• Peace, I'm out. Lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
          You're killing your own argument..You're basically agreeing with me, but you keep stepping on your own toes.
          Lebron can be bigger, stronger and faster, but when you remove all that and just get to "Basketball" his flaws are obvious. his abilities do not match his skill, it only masks his lack of basketball IQ.
          Lebron will not outlast Kobe, so just cuz LBJ is stronger does that mean he's better over all?
          SMH. We're talking peak for peak, who is the GOAT?? And who would win? Name one year, when Kobe's best year was statistically better than Lebron's in their physical peaks. I'll give you the answer, 0. You logic in this argument is ******ed. I came at you with the basis that yes, the skill level might not be the same, but the athleticism puts x fighter/player over the top and makes them elite. I acknowledged the fact that x fighter/player wasnt as skilled as x fighter/player, but his athleticism more than made up for it. Examples Roy Jones/Lebron James. Who is the best in the NBA right now? And who was p4p #1 when Roy Jones was at his athletic peak. Why would we be using the worst versions of x fighter/player when we're discussing mythical match ups??? Because Lebron is stronger and faster and overall a ton more athletic, is what makes Lebron the better player now, and even in their peaks. I am a b-ball junkie, I can debate this with you for hours.
          Last edited by timboslice708; 08-04-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Yea I have but certainly ain't what I base my opinion off of~ or why I brought that up. I liked the book "Being Sugar Ray" better. I do actually know about his career because I got interested in him and made it my business to find out all I could. He is just a man like any other, he isn't a breed apart~ so quit talking about him because you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

I don't see an answer to my question in there~ I see you making excuses
            I read that book in LA. Very good read. Im not avoiding the question, I cant defend that. Yes, its wrong, but the amount of fighters he's faced and the amount of legends he's faced more than makes up for that. Where as Floyd doesnt have the resume to defend his ducking ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              I'm not a hater I'm a realist your over defensive post strongly hints at you being a fanboy.

Who said anything about ducking did I present any reason what so ever for the fights not I happening. The fact is he didn't fight prime Mosley,Tszyu, Cotto, Pac etc who where some of the best in his era Floyd's resume is pretty average. For the record I think Floyd beats all of them apart from maybe Mosley however they never rough in there primes so who knows.
              You can't fool me so stop.....You are a hater.

You say Floyd didn't fight these guys.......but turn around and say (did I present any reason what so ever for the fights not happening.

How can you claim that these fighters are the best when they didn't fight a prime mayweather?

Hello did I confuse you? I'll say it again

How can you claim that these fighters are the best when they didn't fight a prime mayweather?

It goes both ways Mr. so called realist lol.

Comment

You must think Floyd is the greatest because you hold him to a higher standard than Ray Robinson.

Ducking is ducking my friend.
                Stop making excuses for your all tim greats.

Where is that list of fighters that Floyd ducked.
                And feel free to not include the top Rank fighters that Pimp Bob Arum owns.
                Check page 11, I replied to you like 30 minutes ago. Ducking is ducking yes, and I cant defend Ray Rob for that, but he's paid his dues, so an occasional duck here or there doesnt bother me, plus he was way past prime at that point. Where as Floyd has made ducking an occupation.

Comment

I read that book in LA. Very good read. Im not avoiding the question, I cant defend that. Yes, its wrong, but the amount of fighters he's faced and the amount of legends he's faced more than makes up for that. Where as Floyd doesnt have the resume to defend his ducking ways.
                  Who did he duck?
                  Where is the list

Comment

Check page 11, I replied to you like 30 minutes ago. Ducking is ducking yes, and I cant defend Ray Rob for that, but he's paid his dues, so an occasional duck here or there doesnt bother me, plus he was way past prime at that point. Where as Floyd has made ducking an occupation.
                    Page 11 shows me nothing.
                    Where is the list of fighters Floyd ducked

Comment

Who did he duck?
                      Where is the list
                      Are you just blatantly not trying to reply back to the post that clearly states all the fighters he ducked and all the ways he fooled fans into thinking some fights were bigger than they were? Go check page 11, I told you this twice already. Im sorry if your only argument has been answered on numerous occasions and by numerous posters, but your like the mother that refuses to believer her child is a little brat/punk. I feel for you man.

Comment

Working...
                      X